Thread: How did they engrave pokemon??

Talking How did they engrave pokemon??

Hey everyone so I'm really interested to know how they did this because I think these are pretty legit if you ask me!

So any help on where they may be getting the glass balls and can I do this with my 50W Chinese engraver?! Oh and of course the stripe going around it....with the button area...

Thanks

aa9dcda4f0fff73579492941ce7d26fc.jpgsddefault.jpgNew-Style-snorlax-Pokemon-Ball-With-font-b-Engraving-b-font-Crystal-Ball-For-font-b.jpg
    Last edited by Rich Ferry; 05-28-2017 at 1:28 AM. Reason: Added Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ferry View Post
    Hey everyone so I'm really interested to know how they did this because I think these are pretty legit if you ask me!

So any help on where they may be getting the glass balls and can I do this with my 50W Chinese engraver?! Oh and of course the stripe going around it....with the button area...

Thanks

aa9dcda4f0fff73579492941ce7d26fc.jpgsddefault.jpgNew-Style-snorlax-Pokemon-Ball-With-font-b-Engraving-b-font-Crystal-Ball-For-font-b.jpg
    I don't believe it is a normal CO2 laser. Or a typical acrylic block or ball either.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpkZxisWzo
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Blog Entries
    No, sorry, can't do with regular laser.

Here is some​ history. go buy another machine:-$
    http://www.princessglassworld.com/wo...aser-engraving
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Rich,
    They used one of these types of laser to engrave those Pokeballs. They had a guy at the Toronto Exhibition the other year doing these. Got a small keychain with my dogs head done. Kind of neat as it lights up.
    http://en.shining3d.com/lem_detail-4145.html
    Lyle
    Lyle Cheredaryk

Ray Fine 7050-80w EFR
    3 Jaw rotary
    4 Wheel rotary
    RDWorks 8.01.18
    CorelDraw 8
    Windows 7 & 8.1

Ive seen one of these machines at a show in Columbus ohio years ago - If I remember correctly they are pricey, Smallest machine they offered started at $25k, Ill check my emails and see if I can find the company name and there quote. Also you have to remember if you ever wanted to sell a Pokemon item you have to get consent from the trademark holder. I made Call of duty Zombie perk machines on my Zcorp 3d printer sold about 500 and then got a nice copyright cease and desist letter - Destroy all my inventory and never heard anything else about it :-) I got lucky. Attached a picture for fun

07acf742c627f038cff99a376cd5b9ba.jpg
    Last edited by Robert Bonenfant; 05-28-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

I had one, 532nm "inside carver", second biggest waste of time and money decision I ever made (the first being a £60,000 3d printer)

Nintendo aren't the nicest people to cross for Trademark infringement....they will happily take everything you own and then some
    You did what !