Thread: Need Help Please!!! Brand new G. Weike LC1390N will not power on.

Need Help Please!!! Brand new G. Weike LC1390N will not power on.

I just bought a G. Weike LC1390N 150 watt laser configured to run on 220 volts. Everything arrived in good condition. After getting everything set up and ready. I started up the machine. Everything looked normal. Lights came on, the head moved and all looked well. I pushed the green button for the blower and 3 seconds later, the machine went dead. I can only assume that I had the chiller, air assist and exhaust fan in the wrong plugs on the back. When I pressed the green button I could hear the exhaust fan start to wind up and that is when everything stopped. So I need to find out what failed and I need to find out the correct plugs in which to plug in the accessories.(They are not labeled). Can anyone help please?

Sounds like you blew a fuse. There should be one in the plug socket on the laser. Be sure to unplug and let the caps discharge, before attempting service.

I would not plug anything into the outlets on the back of the laser.

Solved!!!!!!!

Fantastic!!!!! Thank you Matt. This was correct and worked. I did not see the fuse initially. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Eason View Post
    Fantastic!!!!! Thank you Matt. This was correct and worked. I did not see the fuse initially. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    You're very welcome.

Blog Entries
    Matt is totally correct! I really wish the chinese manufacturers would stop putting crap electrical outlets on the back of the laser! I use mine to power one 4watt led light string inside the bed. That is all! Plug your blower, exhaust and chiller into outlets that are separate from your laser! zero reason to use poor outlets!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

fuse location?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Eason View Post
    I just bought a G. Weike LC1390N 150 watt laser configured to run on 220 volts. Everything arrived in good condition. After getting everything set up and ready. I started up the machine. Everything looked normal. Lights came on, the head moved and all looked well. I pushed the green button for the blower and 3 seconds later, the machine went dead. I can only assume that I had the chiller, air assist and exhaust fan in the wrong plugs on the back. When I pressed the green button I could hear the exhaust fan start to wind up and that is when everything stopped. So I need to find out what failed and I need to find out the correct plugs in which to plug in the accessories.(They are not labeled). Can anyone help please?
    Hi Jay,
    I too have an LC1390N (80 watt) that completely lost power-
    the in machine gfci circuit switch- or the "master switch of power supply" in the back of the machine immediately flips it off when plugged in.
    I am wondering if that is what yours was doing? as there is a fuse right next to there?
    just checking - where was the fuse you replaced?
    or was it a fuse inside of the power supply?

trying to narrow down my problem- worried it is a short somewhere in the machine - thanks
    Sonja