Thread: Titebond III for working surface?

Titebond III for working surface?

I just completed assembling a Baltic birch top for a Kreg rolling cart and need to apply a durable coating. Has anyone used TBIII for this purpose? When spilled on a work surface, it seems to have many desirable properties but I wonder if it might become brittle and flake off after a period of time. Other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

I think that you'll find that the glue will not be as durable a surface as you might think...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What finish would work well? Thanks

Again ...I mention the canvas. Use the glue to glue down a piece of canvas. Paint it with a coat of acrylic paint thinned 20 percent water. Then couple more unthinned coats. Long history and lots on you tube

TBIII built up to a film is not as hard as you think, so you may find that it shows nicks and dings.

If all you wish to do is seal the surface so that things won't stick to or stain it, then you might do better to dilute the TBIII 50% in water to make a glue size. This will make a paintable, functional sealant. It will dry quite rough this way. So, you may wish to sand with 320 grit after the first coat dries, and then apply a second coat.

All this assumes that you do not find the opaque, dried color of TBIII to be aesthetically unappealing...

Thanks for the input! I have applied a couple of coats of Arm-r-seal since I had just a bit left over from a previous project. There is enough for one more coat. As we all know, aesthetics are always important.