Thread: laser recharge price

laser recharge price

Hi
    I need to have my trotec laser 300 tube changed, got a quote for $7200.00 for a 45w, I was wondering if this is average for a trotec, we are also in the procees of changing our epilog 45w and was quoted aprox 2600.00. Wondering why the huge difference in price between the companies
    thanks geoff meades

Quote Originally Posted by geoff meades View Post
    Hi
    I need to have my trotec laser 300 tube changed, got a quote for $7200.00 for a 45w, I was wondering if this is average for a trotec, we are also in the procees of changing our epilog 45w and was quoted aprox 2600.00. Wondering why the huge difference in price between the companies
    thanks geoff meades
    Are you going through Epilog and Trotec? Is there a chance the Trotec quoted you for a new tube?

Take a look at PhotoVac and Evergreen if you're looking for a more "bargain" solution.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

I think the problem is that Trotec used to use a Coherent tube for their 45W and they stopped that relationship with their ceramic core tubes. That means that they are asking Coherent to recharge them and Coherent doesn't want the relationship, so they just give them crazy high prices. I'd look for 3rd party with that tube. Mike Null had his 45W done and seems to be quite pleased with the service.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I used Photovac in Grove City Ohio. I paid about $3000 to have the tube re-manufactured. I believe it is better than new. There is probably a surcharge of some sort for Canada.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Geoff, I had great success with Evergreen Laser, I would recommend them. Here is a link to my thread from a few years ago.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ight=evergreen
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

I recently paid Epilog $2,300 U.S. for a new tube. A local Seattle shop quoted $1,300 to recharge it, but would have taken too long, several weeks. They were going to send it to Philadelphia.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I know the guy at Evergreen who does a lot of the tube work, incredibly clever chap he is as well so I'd go with them
    You did what !