Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese 'Golden laser' 1300 x 900mm bed, 130 watt

Chinese 'Golden laser' 1300 x 900mm bed, 130 watt

I think I asked last year here about opinions on Golden lasers - I was asking for a friend. The company still exists, but not a lot of information is about, it seems.

Well an opportunity just landed in my lap to buy one from a school 5 hours away - 130watt, tube replaced 3 years ago. 1300 x 900 bed. Chiller, air assist pump. No vacuum extraction though, as it's from a school and they had it piped into their big cyclone dust extraction system. Also I got the laptop with it, and dongle, and Flexisign 10.
    The clutzy program that drives it is awful, but it did manage to cut 15mm acrylic acceptably, and 20mm a little crudely, laving some small tabs at the bottom edge. The air assist is manually turned on. The chiller looks brand new. It's a 3000 something.

The speed and power settings resemble the ULS machine we have: i.e. they're a percentage of 100, not a mm/sec etc with units.
    The bed is a lot removeable of vertical razor-edged bars from front to back, with emptyness below.
    Setting the height/z axis involves lowering the nozzle onto a bit of 3mm acrylic spacer over the substrate.
    It was serviced and new mirrors put in 2 weeks ago.
    It operates fairly quickly, compared with our M300.

It should help us with bigger stuff anyhow - and augment the little ULS laser as well as our cnc router.
    I see you can get red coloured chinese imports on Fleabay- ex Sydney, brand new for $5k, inc freight, with the same bed size and power as this
    Hopefully this might be a bit better- it's as dirty as an old BBQ plate inside the bed, butfingers crossed it'll be a worthwhiole investment!

The teacher who used it, didn't like it, and kept saying it was recommended he spend $2k to get american electronics and motherboard, and then do-away with the dongle and chinese software.

IF I was to do that, what's the currently most preferred drives & system, please?
    (Though for now it can stay as is and earn its keep.)
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

Ian,
    Congrats on the new purchase.
    One of the first items that you need to get corrected is getting a proper chiller for that size machine, the 3,000 is nothing more than a circulation pump through a radiator. Which will not keep up with a 130 watt tube, you need something in the 5,000 series that is rated for that. A search here will turn up some choices.
    Enjoy, Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

Your steppers and drives should work with just about any major brand controller and key pad out on the market. Should. Most of them are around $500 USD. The really big issue is getting all your settings off the software in the old system. You can do what I have done sometimes, do a screen capture of each setup page in the software. Paste into Paint and then SAVE AS be creative or print as you see fit. LightObject and Rabbit Laser USA are two sources I trust. The LO one is what I am using now on my new machine, no dongle and the software is decent. but you will still need Corel Draw.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Unless someone else has some idea that i dont know about, your options dont include US parts. Best options would be new controller and software from Ruida, and rdworks as software. Few hundred dollars to add to your cost. Rdc6442s or g model.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Unless someone else has some idea that i dont know about, your options dont include US parts. Best options would be new controller and software from Ruida, and rdworks as software. Few hundred dollars to add to your cost. Rdc6442s or g model.
    John the Ruida and RDworks are also Chinese. Its a Chinese machine, should be be pretty straight forward.

AWC 708C Plus, loads of future proof stuff in it and a lot of hidden features that can be turned on as well (up to 8 tubes and 6 axis etc)

Golden laser are an OEM supplier, they make a LOT of machines but don't really advertise as they are mostly China side market stuff. From memory they do up to 6kw fibre machines so that will give you some idea
    You did what !

John is bang on, throw that CW3000 away...it's rubbish...you need to keep a big tube to under 23 degrees or you start to lose quite a bit of life, the 5000 can be twitchy and there are a lot of fakes around. Go with a 5200 and make sure it's a genuine S&A not one of the cheap knockoff's
    You did what !

Thanks very much for the assorted advice, Folks. I appreciate that.
    I've just been fiddling with the software - jeerers it's horrible!
    I brought the laptop with drivers & dongle home to test out - going back on Wednesday with our trailer to get the laser. It's too big to fit in the back of our Toyota Hiace bus.
    (Question: Should I remove the tube for travel?)

Yes, Dave - Golden have a website with some impressive stuff. But no up-to-date information on these 'smaller' lasers of theirs.

Ebay seems full of alternative controller systems for them - but I would not want to be buying into somethng as off-putting as what's driving it now!
    I suppose I'm used to the Corel Draw Print-to-ULS laser-and set parameters all in one step system.
    Best wishes,
    Ian

Blog Entries
    Bill, you missed my dont, and yep Ruida is definitely Chinese!

And Ian, unless you are a tech whizz and want to spend more than I could contemplate spending on a used Chinese laser, go with a recent model Ruida as I listed, or a leetro that rabbit laser uses. Those are your choices.

If it were me, and I were moving the laser, then YES, remove the tube and get a large box with a lot of good foam packaging to protect it!
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Bill, you missed my dont, and yep Ruida is definitely Chinese!

And Ian, unless you are a tech whizz and want to spend more than I could contemplate spending on a used Chinese laser, go with a recent model Ruida as I listed, or a leetro that rabbit laser uses. Those are your choices.

If it were me, and I were moving the laser, then YES, remove the tube and get a large box with a lot of good foam packaging to protect it!
    I am sorry John I completely missed the point you were making and it was?

Yes, Dave - Golden have a website with some impressive stuff. But no up-to-date information on these 'smaller' lasers of theirs.
    It's because most of them are supplied to Chinese companies to rename and sell as their own brand
    You did what !

Thanks again - and please excuse the 2 basic questions, but
    1. does Ruida/RD have a direct plug-in that'll work with the Corel Draw we already normally use,
    or must I install and use only their RD works software? (once I've got a RDC6442G and installed it, that is?)
    2. I was told that using the tube at 100% power will kill it pretty quickly. Does that mean that the 130w rating is not to be used,
    or that a 130 watt tube is actually 150w, so that using it at 100% is actually 72% in real life, though the software might call it 100% in the settings?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ian Stewart-Koster; 06-04-2017 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo
    Best wishes,
    Ian

Yes my rd software has a plug in and it depends on your power supply if you can use 100% power. You have to see how many milliamps it puts out as long as it doesn't go over the recommended.

Thanks. The software only lists power as a % of 100 though. Just like the ULS laser.

I've been working with the yukky software- every time I tried to import an AI file (even saved as version 3), it would freeze, then crash. Every time.
    Exporting from Corel Draw as a dxf and a dwg worked when imported- but took ages to regnerate the file.
    What worked best was exporting from Corel Draw as a HGPL plot file, and importing that PLT file into the Golden Laser software.
    Instant preview and instant importing!
    I then tried the same thing out of Enroute-which toolpaths its files as PLT - but that was a mess.
    Best wishes,
    Ian

Blog Entries
    I when you install rdworks it should prompt you for install plugin for a couple of different softwares, coreld is one of them. At least the later versions do. Works much better than importing. But I've had very complex drawings crash occasionally, both CD trying to work and RDW trying to receive. Usually have had to restart computer to clear​. But rare.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser