Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would totally trust these guys.

Blog Entries

I would totally trust these guys.

They look like nice guys. I think the cops made up this whole story about them eating people in their basement. I mean- just look at them. Upstanding citizens if I ever saw them. It's a conspiracy to prevent their cure for diabetes and depression from getting out.

I'm feeling a little depressed. Who wants to volunteer a few fingers?

http://themiamigazette.com/cannibals...es-depression/

image.jpg

Malcolm,
    Put down the umbrella drink, don't go near either the shaping or finishing areas and stay out of the direct sun for a month. This too will pass.

Interesting that Google Earth can't find Vernal Heights, Florida.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Their lawyers will point out their humane practice of "free range" meat sources.

Googe maps cannot find Toolson Lane. Toolson Drive is in Utah. So I guess I would trust those guys more than themiamigazette.com.

Blog Entries
    Ya know, I was wondering if it was real, but the other stories on that site seemed like normal stories. Still- someone took those mug shots. They look like good folks.

Blog Entries
    The one in the middle looks like my drivers license photo. I figure if an officer stops me after a night on the town and takes a look at my license and a look at me he would let me go because they gave me a license looking like that. One of the clerks at the Washington Licensing Department made me take a second picture. After the second one he told me they might not issue a license due to the picture. It came in the mail, so what the heck. People who ask to see my license get a kick out of the picture and the story.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Googling the name of the Police Chief finds one of the same name killed in another state.

There is this:

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/CJS...y-5-28-15.aspx

It is a police department directory for the state of Florida and doesn't list an officer Moore.

A Google search on any of the other names or the address finds nothing tying back to the story. Searching on "cannibal arrest" mostly leads back to the same article.

If you want a strange story on cannibals in America look to Alfred Packer. The Colorado University Memorial Center has Restaurant & Grill named in his honor. It seem a lunchroom at a federal building for a short period of time had a plaque honoring him:

A plaque honoring the name of Alfred E. Packer at the U.S. Department of Agriculture's newest cafeteria has been removed from the wall and a bunch of Packer buffs are stewing over it.

The $29 plaque, paid for through private donations, honored the early pioneer and mountain guide who was convicted on five counts of alleged cannibalism in 1874.
    Maybe it was a fitting name to honor in a federal building. This was in 1977. There is also a song about the Packer Cafe.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    They look like nice guys. I think the cops made up this whole story about them eating people in their basement. I mean- just look at them. Upstanding citizens if I ever saw them. It's a conspiracy to prevent their cure for diabetes and depression from getting out.

I'm feeling a little depressed. Who wants to volunteer a few fingers?

http://themiamigazette.com/cannibals...es-depression/

image.jpg
    I will! I'm totally into finger food!

For a couple of years now I've told my 17 year old daughter that if she caught any boys not to bring them home as I don't know how to cook them. Right now her boyfriend is one of the football players. I'm going to have to get a big pot.

By the way I think it was Alferd Packer. When the cafeteria in Washington was named after him I remember the dust up in the papers years ago. Over the years I've mentioned it to people and no one remembered anything about it. Lucky thing the 'net didn't forget. One infamous part was when Packer was sentenced the judge supposedly said, "There were 7 Democrats in the county, and you et 5 of them!".

-Tom

Idea for new "reality?" show Cannibal Wars.

what about these guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    By the way I think it was Alferd Packer.
    I have seen it listed both ways. Here is the beginning of the Wikipedia page:

Alfred Griner "Alferd" Packer (January 21, 1842 – April 23, 1907) was an American prospector who confessed to cannibalism during the winter of 1874.
    jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    what about these guys
    Didn't we that one when they buried John Glenn?
    The miami gazette will love this story - Cannibals from Space!
    Watch out Malcolm...

Snopes says the story is false : http://www.snopes.com/cannibals-arrested-florida/

The Miami Gazette web site is not the online operation of a legitimate newspaper but rather a fake news site. The Gazette’s disclaimer notes that the site’s original material is “satirical” in nature and fake news.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    Snopes says the story is false : http://www.snopes.com/cannibals-arrested-florida/

The Miami Gazette web site is not the online operation of a legitimate newspaper but rather a fake news site. The Gazette’s disclaimer notes that the site’s original material is “satirical” in nature and fake news.
    Ahh, good old snopes to clear the air.

Are the guys in the picture staff reporters?

What do you call reporters for fake news companies? "Fakorters?" "Fakournalists?"

jtk