Thread: Does anyone here use these?

Blog Entries

Does anyone here use these?

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-promotions/current-promotions/rz-mask?SID=V20344&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email &utm_term=Image+-+M2+Mesh+Face+Mask+with+Free+Hepa+Filters,+3+Pack& utm_content=Tons+Of+Tools+Under+$35+–+Deals+Galore !&utm_campaign=06042017_Deals+Under+35_V20344&_bta _tid=368044911754764329645856815110569692732489629 53522941373006396102822710575879784184767589107670 389355271&_bta_c=9bs58q1k5ui9fqs4eg3ar2w63o5bg

I bought a HF 2hp dust collector, but I have very sensitive lungs. Until I make the HF more effective I want better protection.

I attempted to buy the mask you referenced, but couldn't get one that fit me correctly and just gave up. Generally speaking, masks like this work well for only short operations where the machines are only running for a short time and not much dust escapes your regular collection means (like dust collector, vac, or air cleaner). I haven't found any on the market that are truly effective as well as comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I use a Trend Airshield Pro which I find very effective (and very expensive).

I am thinking about getting the resp-o-raptor. It looks kind of strange (scuba diving), but also looks to be very effective and not interfere with a face shield. I couldn't get the link to work, so not sure what you are referring to.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

I bought a used Air Trend from someone here who didn't like the weight...best purchase I've made for turning. I 'thought' my mask was doing an 'OK' job until I wore the Trend a few times...world of difference.

I gave up on the Trend because of the weight. I suspect it depends a lot on the person and how long they try to wear it, I tend to do intermittent long stints at the lathe and after about 4 hours it started killing my neck.. I guess if I'd worked through it all and used it a lot it might have worked out.

I DO like the 3M 7500 series with the P100 filters. They fit well around my glasses, the bottom vent allows moisture to exit well, the filtration level is excellent, the silicon seal is comfortable seals really well.. and they're pretty well priced (and come on three sizes to help fit different head sizes).

I haven't tried the Rockler but similar styles never seemed to seal very well around the edges for me and they weren't as comfortable. Also those cost as much as the 3M + filters and the filters on the 3M are replaceable so it would be a hard sale for me.

I have an RZ mask and I love it. I have it on any time I am in the shop. It doesn't cause glasses to fog and I do not notice it on after a couple minutes. I have a problem with CA/activator and if I get close to monkey pod I start sneezing uncontrollable. When I got the mask I got it directly from manufacture and got extra filters and charcoal filters to save on shipping. When I got it I made a pen and put face directly over pen where I was almost touching with nose and could not smell any of the fumes. I can turn monkey pod and some of the rose woods now. I bought this since I couldn't find anything for people with facial hair, but this had great reviews. I also saw on their website an independent review and it did really well. I would and will buy again. This does not filter like a forced air trend , but I do not expect it to. My nose and mouth is always clean when I take it off. hope this helps

I have owned the resp-o-rator for a year. It's light,comfortable and you can use it under a face shield without fogging it up. I find it to be a very effective dust filter too. I like it !

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Wells View Post
    I have an RZ mask and I love it. I have it on any time I am in the shop. It doesn't cause glasses to fog and I do not notice it on after a couple minutes.

As the OP posted about RZ, I have the RZ M2.5 and also grabbed a M1 junior one for my little ones, as they were on sale from the manufacturer with spare filters. It is a great, lightweight mask. I used it when breaking down my wife's cockatiel flights and cages. If you want to talk about a fine dust....try that dander build-up after 10 years. The mask was phenomenal. I can use it under my face shield at the lathe with ease.

9. I have one, and wear it in the shop, at all times. The Hepa filters really make it a good dust mask.

Blog Entries
    I thought if it was as effective as my 3m 7503 i'd switch to this smaller profile, but maybe I'll just stick with my 3m.