Thread: SWAT questions

SWAT questions

This will be my first SWAT symposium and would like to know what airport most people fly into. Also what time do things start on Friday? Thanks,Lynn

Waco has a small airport that's OK. DFW is another good choice. Check the SWAT website for a schedule, but they normally start first thing on Friday. So if you want to do the whole event you'll want to get there Thursday night. Some of us think SWAT is a better event than the AAW Symposium. Almost as big (about 1000 attendees), less expensive, very well ran, great people and a friendly, easy to get around facility.

Hi Jason, Thanks for that info. I could not find a schedule on the SWAT website,so that really helps.

You might also check Austin, TX airport AUS. It is about same distance as DFW but a lot easier to get in and out of and often cheaper fares. I like to be at SWAT early on Friday morning to get checked in and start checking out the wood and vendors. Some of the choice pieces of wood go fast. I help set my club's, Hill Country Turners, room so check in hotel on Thursday. Plan to make it a long weekend. Plenty to see for sure.

True, Austin is closer, but the traffic there makes Houston's traffic look light.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    True, Austin is closer, but the traffic there makes Houston's traffic look light.

There are ways out of the Austin airport that allows you to bypass the major traffic and get back to I-35 past Round Rock. Have you seen the traffic in Dallas and the DFW area? I am just saying the airport experience in Austin has been one of the better.

You can also fly into College Station. Then it's only short drive.

anyone have a COMPLETE LIST of demonstrators??

It is on the web site the sum of lead demonstrators and regional demonstrators.