Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry's shave club

Harry's shave club

Did not want to dig up an old post on here but was reading that some were getting a month out of a blade from Harry's.
    I just received my first pack of blades and like them a lot. I am on week two with the same blade.

How long do you get out of one blade?

Anyone use Dollar Save Club?

FYI Target sells Harry's blades and other branded products in store.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Did not want to dig up an old post on here but was reading that some were getting a month out of a blade from Harry's.
    I just received my first pack of blades and like them a lot. I am on week two with the same blade.

How long do you get out of one blade?

Anyone use Dollar Save Club?

FYI Target sells Harry's blades and other branded products in store.
    I get at least 3-4 weeks out of blades, in fact, I need to cut back and have them send them less frequently because I have so many.

At least 3 weeks for me. I could probably go longer. I usually delay my shipments or I would have them piling up in the drawer.

I shave every three or four days whether I need it or not. Joking aside, I go the double edge safety razor route. Last blade purchase was about $13 dollars for a hundred pack of Personna blades. More than a year will pass before I have to order again, very frugal and trouble free.

Blog Entries
    Of course this depends on how often one shaves and the toughness of their beard.

I like my Schick triple blade disposable. My last 5 pack was bought a couple of years ago. But then my beard usually grows without a trim in the colder months.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

My last blade has lasted almost 47 years. I just found it in the back of a drawer. Of course I haven't shaved since 1970!

So let me make sure I understand,a single Harry's blade is lasting considerablily longer than a week? And in some cases longer than 14 days? I can hardly get 5-6 days out of a single Gillette Mach III blade.
    Last edited by Robert LaPlaca; 06-08-2017 at 5:31 PM. Reason: spelling

I'm an electric shaver user. Use a Bosch 7 series, replace blades once a year

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert LaPlaca View Post
    So let me make sure I understand,a single Harry's blade is lasting considerablily longer than a week? And in some cases longer than 14 days? I can hardly get 5-6 days out of a single Gillette Mach III blade.
    I get close to 4 weeks from a Gullette Mach blade. I run it backwards (not cutting anything) against a towel then store it dry. I think storing it dry helps prolong the life.

I buy the Gillette three blade ones in the plastic handles - I get a pack of 20 or more, don't remember how many come in a pack. I get several weeks out of each one. Been very satisfied with them.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Clark Howard says.......
    https://youtu.be/9VK0fCYMtTc
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

I use Dollar Shave Club and buy their premium blade (4 for $9). I put a new blade on it April 15th. It's still shaving smooth. I can grow a beard like Grizzly Adams. I usually change mine when the moisture strip wears out.

They say to change blades every week, which is a total gimmick to purchase more blades.

Trick to making blades last? A quick squirt of IPA (not the beer, don't waste it) after you shave to evaporate the water. Oxidation dulls them as much as use.
    -Lud

I'm doing Dollar Shave Club. I often only shave every 1.5-2 days depending on my running schedule and if I'm planning to leave the house. I've always used blades until I notice they are getting pretty bad which is usually way past their prime. I don't notice that these are any better or worse than the Gillette ones I used to use. Related, I've always, since I was a teen, used Edge shave gel. DSC sent a sample of their Shave Butter with my first order and I'm hooked on that now. I haven't looked at the economics but if its costing me more over the course of the year, its not much at all and I certainly "waste" a lot more money on even more frivolous things than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    DSC sent a sample of their Shave Butter with my first order and I'm hooked on that now..
    I'm a fan of the Dr. Carvers shave butter too. Before that I didn't use anything, just shaved post shower when everything was soft.
    -Lud

Some claim a longer life by drying the blades after each use.

I'm trying that with a hairdryer on a Gillette Fusion blade I started using December 31, 2016. (I looked up my purchase history on Amazon)

I don't have a heavy beard and don't shave every day—but that’s still pretty good. Maybe they’ll hire me to do some commercials!