Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kundig Uniq Sander Disaster

Be sure to take several pictures of all damage, handprints, scrapes, etc.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

If you "wired" the money into the account , you can wire it back out again. Assuming it wasn't a shell accnt.

Sounds like a great machine to get a deal on. None of what you stated sounded bad except bent tables maybe. Not for new money obviously so i hope you get what you want.

Bankers manage to get the money out of your account after the Nigerian scammers check bounces. So I think a wire transfer can be undone within a time frame. Check with the transfer company.
    Bill

That would really bother me ..

I bet a big shop would be less fussy than an owner operator. Holzher will need to make that right.

Could be, but there is absolutely no way I would do a wire transfer without a contract describing terms for redress. The typical terms for a wire transfer at your bank will make it very clear that the transfer is final and cannot be cancelled after execution. It's the equivalent of handing over a wad of cash to a person you've never met. Unlike a credit card transaction, e.g., the channel itself gives you no legal safeguards, so you're at the mercy of the receiver.

There is an implied contract that the machine sold by a machine dealer will arrive intact and be usable for the intended purpose. Since they ship these things all the time they are supposed to know how to pack it for shipment. That is one reason why you pay a little more to buy from a dealer instead of a private party. The dealer is supposed to know what they are doing.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    If you "wired" the money into the account , you can wire it back out again. Assuming it wasn't a shell accnt.
    They can wire it back to you (if they choose), but there's no "taking back" a wire.

I appreciate everyone's comment. The main concern is I purchased a new machine not a floor model. If it was the floor model, I would have been prepared and paid accordingly.

I spoke with Holzher today and was given 4 options:

1. They take back the machine and give me a full refund.
    2. They take back the machine refurbish it, and return it to me, no compensation was offered. They stated that it was a floor model and consider it new. They are mostly focused on the poor packaging.

Options 3 and 4 really depend on the machine. They are going to pick it up and evaluate the damage. They have a wood show in July in LV and need a Uniq there. They have a Uniq S model in stock but need to see if they can use the Uniq instead. I have a feeling that the Uniq S is a floor model as well.

3. Pick up the machine evaluate it, if ok, then offer me the Uniq S and pay the diff.
    4. If the machine is not ok, then if I wanted to upgrade to the Uniq S I'd have to wait till Aug, but still pay the diff.

I was told that I'd have a quote today for the diff, it never arrived.

They have had my money for 3 weeks so far. I was asked to put the machine back on the pallet and a truck will be here in the next several days to pick it up, they hoped I would package it up better so it was not damaged in shipping...

I'm assuming that I will hear back on Monday. While I would really like a Kundig sander, it is looking more and more that I will be getting a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Spotorno View Post
    I appreciate everyone's comment. The main concern is I purchased a new machine not a floor model. If it was the floor model, I would have been prepared and paid accordingly.

I spoke with Holzher today and was given 4 options:

1. They take back the machine and give me a full refund.
    2. They take back the machine refurbish it, and return it to me, no compensation was offered. They stated that it was a floor model and consider it new. They are mostly focused on the poor packaging.

Options 3 and 4 really depend on the machine. They are going to pick it up and evaluate the damage. They have a wood show in July in LV and need a Uniq there. They have a Uniq S model in stock but need to see if they can use the Uniq instead. I have a feeling that the Uniq S is a floor model as well.

3. Pick up the machine evaluate it, if ok, then offer me the Uniq S and pay the diff.
    4. If the machine is not ok, then if I wanted to upgrade to the Uniq S I'd have to wait till Aug, but still pay the diff.

I was told that I'd have a quote today for the diff, it never arrived.

They have had my money for 3 weeks so far. I was asked to put the machine back on the pallet and a truck will be here in the next several days to pick it up, they hoped I would package it up better so it was not damaged in shipping...

I'm assuming that I will hear back on Monday. While I would really like a Kundig sander, it is looking more and more that I will be getting a refund.
    [Trying to make light of the situation ] Let them clean and fix it for the show and if it works have a friend buy it off the floor at a discount

Post some pictures of the machine ..

I know doing business on industrial grade machines is different than hobbyist machinery like I buy.
    But if I buy a car that was used for demos, I get a discounted price - it a isnt "considered new". The same is true with any floor model of anything else Ive ever bought.

Personally, Id be done with these folks now.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 06-10-2017 at 7:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I know doing business on industrial grade machines is different than hobbyist machinery like I buy.
    But if I buy a car that was used for demos, I get a discounted price - it a isnt "considered new". The same is true with any floor model of anything else Ive ever bought.

Personally, Id be done with these folks now.
    Agreed - HolzHer seem to expect you to accept their screw up without any compensation. I don't know what the relationship is between HolzHer Germany and the US business, but if it is a subsidiary, I'd be punting this up the chain

Must be a high end Euro thing to equate demo with used. I've run into that with Mercedes, Audi, and Land Rover. If never titled, they are considered new even with 500-3000 miles. Now I always ask before negotiating. When dealing out of town, I always get new pictures and details. The pictures taken when the machine first arrives and is cleaned up are what usually stay on the internet. Trust but verify. Dave

I'd be done with these guys. It's not likely to get better because they don't think new is the same thing as you do.

Their arrogance in thinking that you would/should repack the machine better then they did is also telling. They can send over some guys from a freight company with materials and instructions if they wanted , but I'd only return it in the same manner as it arrived.