Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kundig Uniq Sander Disaster

It's a crap situation, had they crated it properly you would've likely never known or cared that it was a floor model. I personally wouldn't care. It's got at most an hour of being on, and likely no real use.

Customer service on the whole certainly isn't what we would like it to be. A couple of days ago I delivered two cabinets that were too tall. Ten minutes after I hung up the phone the replacements were in production. By lunch the following day they were on site. I'm incapable of doing better than that when covering my bases on a failure like that. But, I take care of them because I'm going to be dealing with them again next week, and the week after, then the one after that, hopefully until we mutually break the relationship on good terms. Most of these machine companies know you're only going to be buying one or two pieces from them, but they need to adapt to the information age where bad news spreads much faster than the good.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 06-16-2017 at 9:11 PM.

You guys are way too nice.
    I view this as Blatant disrespect!
    You have a guy who IN GOOD FAITH purchased a NEW very high-end piece of equipment.
    He received a dirty, damaged, rusty machine.
    I wouldn't give them a day to "make it right". They already made it wrong weeks earlier.

It's truly sad because the Kundig Uniq sander is a beautiful machine. This company has no business dealing this level of machine and I would certainly let Kundig know.

Everyone I knew from dealing w Holzher about 5 years ago are gone.

When I was shopping for a new skidsteer in late '04, the dealer had a 40xt with 300 hours they considered "new". I passed, and later was told they had one more machine to be delivered by the first of the year, a new 60xt. I bought the latter one.

I think I would just decide what you want and tell them.. if they say no, then ask for your money back .. No fuss.. I would simply want what I paid for, or my money back.

yeah, like Randall said in clerks, cap or get off the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Spotorno View Post
    ....was given 4 options:
    1. They take back the machine and give me a full refund.
    2. They take back the machine refurbish it, and return it to me, no compensation was offered. They stated that it was a floor model and consider it new...
    SUCHHHHH a European answer, LOL.

I agree with everyone else: Go with Option #1. There is probably some shop out there that does not care that it was a demo unit but it doesn't sound like you. I am sorry to hear this went down this way. This is not a knock against Holz-her but it was probably the brand I ran into the least when I was in the biz which tells me that they probably don't sell that many sanders. Holz-her was (and I assume still is) focused primarily on 'banders, beam saws, and Weinig moulders.

My advice to folks, especially hobbyists or one-man shops, is to base your buying decision on the brand that has the nearest dealership and support network to you. Brand would be secondary. Any new Euro widebelt ought to do what you need it to. OP, where are you located? Sorry if that got mentioned. SCMi or Stiles would be worth looking at. Just my 2-cents and best of luck with it all.

Erik

[My advice to folks, especially hobbyists or one-man shops, is to base your buying decision on the brand that has the nearest dealership and support network to you. Brand would be secondary. Any new Euro widebelt ought to do what you need it to. OP, where are you located? Sorry if that got mentioned. SCMi or Stiles would be worth looking at. Just my 2-cents and best of luck with it all.

Erik]

For folks who don't already know, Erik spent years selling high end machinery. He knows of what he speaks.

Erik, it's always good to hear from you. Hope the career change is going the way you want.
    Fred

As others have said...

0) document everything - take pictures, write notes about ph conversations, treasure up any paperwork; if others were involved (e.g. in unpacking) get them to write up notes about what they saw or did, etc.

1) tell the seller you are talking to lawyers about it;

2) demand a full refund and return shipping at their expense - do it now and set a close deadline for satisfaction.

3) buy a replacement from someone else.

However.. if they are in financial trouble you'll be near the bottom of their creditor list and so will end up having learned an expensive lesson: never do a wire transfer without strong guarantees like good personal relationships or an escrow account with a third party.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    SUCHHHHH a European answer, LOL.

I agree with everyone else: Go with Option #1. There is probably some shop out there that does not care that it was a demo unit but it doesn't sound like you. I am sorry to hear this went down this way. This is not a knock against Holz-her but it was probably the brand I ran into the least when I was in the biz which tells me that they probably don't sell that many sanders. Holz-her was (and I assume still is) focused primarily on 'banders, beam saws, and Weinig moulders.

My advice to folks, especially hobbyists or one-man shops, is to base your buying decision on the brand that has the nearest dealership and support network to you. Brand would be secondary. Any new Euro widebelt ought to do what you need it to. OP, where are you located? Sorry if that got mentioned. SCMi or Stiles would be worth looking at. Just my 2-cents and best of luck with it all.

Erik

Its an edge sander, not a wide belt.. I have an ACM / Felder, I think the Kundig is a better machine.. Just a matter of getting one delivered in-tact and he will likely never need Holzer again .. lol ..
    What else is there ? Volpato ? Langzauner is probably double ?

This is why I prefer to take my flatbed and go pick machines up. I do as small a deposit as possible and take cash. If I am happy, I bring it home. If not, worst case I lose my deposit.

I have not had good luck with shippers, going both ways.

never had an issue shipping or having stuff shipped. sent stuff to both coasts and had stuff shipped from both coasts.

I bought my Kundig wide belt from them 15 years ago. At the time Keith Paxton was running that department and customer service was very good. I understand he has been gone for a while. I hope they make it good for you.

I wonder how this was resolved? this thread is a year old....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    I wonder how this was resolved? this thread is a year old....
    It was posted 6/7/2017 friend.

FS: you're right I was recently reading a thread on another site that was a year old with current responses and confused the two. Old age is setting in way too fast!