Thread: Easychuck availability?

Question Easychuck availability?

Hi,

I might have to replace the stock jaws on my Easychuck, and I'm having a devil of a time finding someplace that stocks the chucks anymore, much less the jaws (striking out on all the usual places).

Has the company changed direction in regards to these chucks? It used to be that you could get jaws from just about all the big retailers, now the only Easywood products they carry are the carbide tools and it's like the chuck never even existed.

Thanks,

-- John

John, Lee Valley's website shows replacement stock jaws (1-3/8") as available for purchase.

Chuck manufacture was halted around the time Pony Tools bought EWT, then the Pony Tools bankruptcy and the subsequent sale of EWT occurred. Some mention was made of finding a new manufacturer for the chucks and accessories, but not even a tentative date has floated out as far as I know.

I heard on a different forum they'd be back in production this summer. EWT has new owners, it's the company that has been making their carbides.

Quote Originally Posted by David Smith View Post
    John, Lee Valley's website shows replacement stock jaws (1-3/8") as available for purchase.
    Thanks for the tip on Lee Valley. I hadn't checked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Edwards View Post
    I heard on a different forum they'd be back in production this summer. EWT has new owners, it's the company that has been making their carbides.
    I had emailed Easywood last night, and got this reply from Kristi earlier today:

We had to cease production of the Easy Chuck and Jaws, temporarily, due to a few vendor issues.

We have most certainly not stopped production on the Easy Chuck and Jaws forever and I cannot imagine that we ever will. J

The vendor issues are in the ending stages of being resolved and the plan is to have the Easy Chuck and Jaws back on the market by the end of summer.
    Hopefully things get moving again.

my local woodcraft store had several sets of Easy Chuck jaws on a clearance table last week. you might check your closest store.