Thread: Legacy CNC

Legacy CNC

Hi I was wondering if anyone had an experience with Legacy cnc. They seem to have a very extensive training program with their machines. Any experience or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
    Regards Randy

Never used one of their machines. However, you are wise to focus on the training. Most folks think it is all about the machine, but the truth is that without understanding programming (software), cnc machines are about as useful as a boat anchor.

You need to learn how to design (draw in a CAD type program) and then how to apply toolpaths to those designs.

Their machines seem to in the ball park price wise, but that training is worth a lot of money if you are not familiar with cnc operations. Good luck and let us know how it is going.

I know quite a few people with Legacy machines. They all seem to like them. Most seem to have called upon Legacy's support and gotten the help they needed. Legacy also has a good trade in policy if you want to upgrade (full credit for a prior Legacy machine).

Don't know where you are, but if you are around Denver area the Colorado CNC User Group is made up mostly of Legacy Owners. We get together the third Wednesday of each month.

I do do not own a Legacy machine - I am a member but have a DIY machine. We also have a few with Axiom machines.
    Colorado Woodworkers Guild
    Colorado CNC User Group

Hi Thanks for the replies. Ted I was impressed by Legacy's training program that seems to be an ongoing thing that I could benefit from. The main drawback for me would be learning to draw with a cad program as I have little experience with cad. Richard I about 8 hours South of you near Albuquerque so that is a long drive for a meeting. I will check to see if there is a cnc group locally. I will also contact Legacy to see if they have any customers in New Mexico. Thanks for your help.