Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miter station fence flip stop help

The maya is an excellent analog setup. Glidestop ,or is it Razorgage are the digital equivalent, and pretty sure one of them is the unit that is a much more rugged and better built system than Tigerstop.
    I remember researching a few years ago, and digging into the construction of the digital stops, and remember the Tigerstop was pretty lightweight compared to I am pretty sure Razorgage. Memory is faulty on this.
    Last edited by peter gagliardi; 06-15-2017 at 8:51 AM.

I did exactly what you want to do and found that the Kreg because of its design had movement in it. I bought another set of stops and put the stop between two sliders which fixed the problem entirely. I then sold it all and bought Incra track and stops which has worked out well so far.

For production work I would forget any stop system aimed at the hobbyist, the Kreg is just too flimsy and the Incra way to fiddly on top of that.
    Last edited by Chris Parks; 06-14-2017 at 9:20 PM.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    From my research I found the Incra version to be the best bang for the buck and accuracy. LINK But it doesnt flip either.
    My Incra has flip stops on it.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    My Incra has flip stops on it.

My Incra 1000 miter gauge has a flip stop but it's mounted to that unique track used on their miter gauges. The kit referenced in Ben's link uses a standard track that doesn't work with their flip stop.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

IMG_1574.JPG

My modified Kreg Adjuster
    Chris

Chris looks like you bought 2 flip stop kits and cannibalized one of them?
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Scott, that's what happened. There is no way the standard item can not flex.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    Scott, that's what happened. There is no way the standard item can not flex.
    Looking at that long flip piece, seems it wouldn't take much of a bump to move it.
    Scott Vroom

The whole thing is rock solid when both clamps are tightened.
    Chris

My experience is different from some of the others. I have the Kreg flip and there is no slop. I've done hundreds of miter cuts for picture frames using it and they are spot on. There is an adjustment screw on it to take out any slop that may be in it out of the box.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Thanks to this thread I finally found a use for this giant incra fence I picked up from a guy on Craigslist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    My experience is different from some of the others. I have the Kreg flip and there is no slop. I've done hundreds of miter cuts for picture frames using it and they are spot on. There is an adjustment screw on it to take out any slop that may be in it out of the box.
    I think we must be talking at cross purposes Grant. If the stop is adjusted to allow timber to be slid under it instead of manually lifting the arm mine and every other one I have looked at had flex in the arm PIVOT.
    Chris