Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Bench Build- A Video Documentary Thread

Also, I am not sure what I'll be cutting tenons with. All I have are standard crosscut panel saws. Might have to hop down to Lowes and pick up the Irwin Ryoba saw they have. I know it's not near as good as a good Japanese one, but I have seen it used very well by several folk on Youtube, one on a bench build similar to this one.
    We shall see.

Thankfully I don't have to check my shop for black widow spiders each day, er every other weekend, before I start work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Thankfully I don't have to check my shop for black widow spiders each day, er every other weekend, before I start work.
    LOL!
    Unfortunately, that will be a regular routine here from now on. As long as they stay outdoors.

Picked up a nice vise for this bench last weekend. Pretty happy. Posted pictures here.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...e-for-my-bench!

Cut the tenon for the base this week. Below is the video.
    Got to use my new mallet. I think I have enjoyed this part of the build the most.

Cutting Mortises, Part 10.
    Getting closer.

Thanks for watching!

Moving ahead right smartly I see Mike. As someone else once said, almost need a bench to build a bench. I also see you use the same climate control in your shop as I do. I don't know about you, but my "cool" button is broken here in central Texas.
    David

David, thanks. Yeah, the AC in my shop ain't working too well. Last week was 96-98 degrees, not counting heat index. I only worked intermittent;y then. Better this week.

Glad to hear you're taking breaks with the heat, Mike. You're making great progress - stay safe.

Thanks, Rush!

Part 11. Getting close now!

We're almost on the same pace here, Mike.
    I'm working on the vise install now, and then a shelf and she's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Johnson View Post
    We're almost on the same pace here, Mike.
    I'm working on the vise install now, and then a shelf and she's done.
    Sweet! If I can find the time this afternoon I'll be capping both ends in maple and constructing a simple planing stop. After that all that's left is to seal everything with Thompson's.