Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large Bubinga Slab for an island countertop.

you said a 2k poly, but do you have a link to the finish?

Very nice work. I have done a slab from berskshire, and I knew immediately when I saw the crate that you got yours from there. They were good to work with and very helpful.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Sounds like it's one of those woods. I was fine with it. The dust sure does get everywhere though. The chips off the tooling are pretty rough and all my blades burnt it a little. My Whiteside flush trim bit didn't burn when going around the perimeter of the sink to clean the cut up from the jigsaw. But the chips were very tough and thick. Nothing like you get off of Poplar or Soft Maple.

Agree with Andrew on the way the natural edge was used "upstairs". Sadly ,I know it would not have occurred to me...

Wow, I'm not a big fan of live edge work due to my OCD but this won me over. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Graywacz View Post
    Or maybe I only show you guys the cool stuff..... Attachment 362220
    Maybe, but you're still doing very cool stuff some of the time, and for clearly well healed clients. I'm not much for live edge slabs, but that is a beautiful piece of wood with a beautiful finish. Very well done.

John

Leo, any time you get positive replies on your work from guys who are not usually fans of the form ...you are on to something good. I think that it's possible that TWO natural edges echo, and set a precedent for the other in a way that can not be often accomplished by just one.

Well, there are really three natural edges, two of them live and the Eatery has the naturally split edge. That was the owners idea. I was really nervous when he said he wanted me to split the slab instead of cut it. And that's the main reason it got recorded. Just in case something went wrong LOL.