Thread: After market cones for Rotary?

After market cones for Rotary?

Hi Folks,

I have a 3 jaw rotary. I did buy it off of ebay. It works great, no question about that, but when it comes to glass... not so much.

rayjet has a rotary that has these little cones for mounting glass.

Someone once told me they made their own and that they were willing to make me a set ( $30 plus shipping)... I forgot who that was and lost their info ( needless to say)
    Can anyone point me in a direction or help me out with that?
    I'm sure there are quite a few people who might want some also. Perhaps someone with a 3d printer?

What I am looking for is something that can be mounted in the jaws of the rotary, ( like a little fat christmas tree) and a piece that fits over the metal cone at the other end... something to soften that sharp blow... while holding the glass, cup or bottle in place.

This is a link to a picture I found that would work.

http://www.rayjetlaser.com/en-US/laser- ... t-zoom.jpg

I don't think anyone sells this on the market... and if they are, they need more advertising or something...
    Kehui 100w 900x600 with adjustable z axis table,
    3 jaw chuck rotary
    CW 5000 water chiller

English version RdWorks V8.01.28, ( newest version )
    Windows 7 & 10
    Corel Suite X8

30w Fiber Laser with Raycus power source
    rotary and other fun toys I know nothing about yet...lol

I have some Fusion 360 files of the ones I did for mine, perhaps you can use or change. Also STL files maybe If I can find.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

http://www.widgetco.com/rubber-stoppers
    some of these get close to 3" diameter, but I'm sure some more googling could find you bigger ones. No cup-shaped ones, and you'd have to drill your own holes if you need them-

http://www.engraversdepot.ca/Accesso...cessories.html
    They show a 'cone' kit in the upper right corner of this page, although bigger ones are cross-tees, takes less material to make them...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

ConeforRotary.txt This file was renamed to TXT to upload, the extension should be STL

The cones I designed and 3D printed did fit a standard SS Cup (85 mm or 3.4 inches diameter) and the flat side has a printed hole for the shaft that chucks up in the 3 jaw.
    Last edited by Bill George; 06-16-2017 at 3:30 PM.

I bet you could Turn some if you cant get them printed, that would be fun on a lathe, HDPE or Delrin. I have the 3" ones and occasionally Id love to have larger ones. Those new Yeti water bottles are huge!! Glad I did have a chuck to get it done.
    355 - 10400 : )

I posted a STL file above in my other post and the extension was changed to TXT to allow it to be uploaded here. Please change the TXT to STL to use as a 3D file.