Thread: NASA Website

Blog Entries

NASA Website

Are any of you interested in astronomy?
    If you are and haven't done so already, check out NASA's website. They post a few pics each day as well as videos and other interesting data.
    This was posted as few days ago, but had already been posted a couple of years or so back.
    I don't know anything much but what they are able to reveal via new technology is amazing. Check out this shot of the landscape of Mars.
    I think I can post this without breaking any forum or government laws.

Does it look at all like a natural occurrence to you?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pit mining?

I’m a frequent visitor to the NASA website. Space.com is another good one.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I like APOD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    Does it look at all like a natural occurrence to you?
    Yes, of course, its from Mars, right? We haven't been to Mars. Either have the Russians.

Mars is entirely populated by robots.

Looks like a California land/mud slide to me. Must be the rainy season there.

Blog Entries
    APOD - Astronomy Picture Of the Day:

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/

Some beautiful images and quite the archive.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Dragging this out again because tonight while searching for info on what I thought to be a second cycle of the moon, one of 17 days as moon rise and moon set moves north and south in a 17 day cycle, meaning it rises in the northeast and sets in the southwest alternating to rising in the southeast and setting in the northwest over a period of 17 days.
    I could not find the substantiation of that but did, however come across what I think is far more interesting.
    But my understanding is weak and I thought I'd throw this out there in hopes someone does understand well enough (or is interested enough ) to explain it in simpler terms.
    My hope is that this is of special interest to someone here.

https://design-of-time.com

But, can those interested in astronomy give me a clear yes or no on the 17 day cycle. I know very little but I'm deeply interested. Try living with that.

Joe,
    Have you seen this ?
    http://www.canberratimes.com.au/tech...515-zrdpj.html

There is also this which tells where the moon will rise and set.
    https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/usa/philadelphia

Northeast with Northwest
    Southeast with Southwest

Michael
    Last edited by Michael Mezalick; 07-14-2017 at 7:00 AM.

The rules of randomness indicate that anything can occur even if it looks planned or systematized.

Looking at astronomical pictures is humbling to me beyond words. I was minding my own business sitting in a doctors office when I picked up a random magazine to look at. In it I saw for the first time the original "deep space field" taken by the Hubble telescope of a so called empty area of space. In the time it took to read what it was I was looking at my personal philosophy, future outlook and religious beliefs changed.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

I am no astronomer, but I wish I lived in a city that will see the total solar eclipse's on August 21. Would be cool for the lights to go out for a couple minutes!