Thread: Label on Wood, what's this mean?

Label on Wood, what's this mean?

I think it means heat treated Japan. Any idea of anything else? If chemicals were used or not? Several boards were milled and processed and much do not look the same. Lot of vary in color. Same weight though.

Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    It looks like it was dunnage used for a shipping container. Most countries require that any wood being imported be heat treated to prevent the spread of insects. The heat treatment is not the same as kiln drying as they don't check moisture levels, just temperature reach for the required duration.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

The military requires kiln dried wood for their pallets because they have automated warehouse systems and warpage can jam stuff up. But they do not care how wet the pallety is as long as it was kiln dried at some time in it's life.
    Bill

In Canada ..

The # is the mill number .. or more specifically a stamp number which leads back to the mill .

HT is Heat Treated.. No bugs.. mold .. etc.

And the small logo would be the grading company . PLIB for instance is Pacific Lumber inspection board. I can't read that one but if you google it, I would bet is some lumber grading rule assn.

Most borders won't accept pallets that are only KD .. Kiln Dried wood can still contain living organisms. SPF for instance is commonly dried to 17% .. Heat Treated wood is basically sterile.. Its heated to an extreme temperature for a minimum amount of time.

Nice truck

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Nice truck
    I thought the same thing.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    I thought the same thing.
    Ditto! Nice!

About a 1963 Chevy, had one the same green. Know absolutely nothing about the markings, sorry.

But, Nice Truck!