Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lights

My shop is 24' x 28' with a vaulted ceiling of just under 9' along the edge and 13' along the middle. I bought 22 LED fixtures, 6 for the garage below and 16 for the shop above, through Alibaba from a company in China. They are 4000 lumen (40 watt equivalent), 6000K, 1 1/2" x 1 1/2' x 60" long and maybe weigh 1 1/2 pounds each. The cost was about $17 each plus shipping to total $550. It took 3 weeks for them to get to my door, 2 of which was FedEx bringing them to me. I'm very happy with them and if I had bought something close to them here in Saskatoon it would have cost me triple. I figure since most LED lights are made in China anyway, I might as well save some money by buying direct and use it for other things the shop needs. If you want the name of the company and the model of the lights I'll post it.

Pete

Check out this thread from earlier in the year. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...p-lights-19-99

i posted some details on the Hyperikon brand Amazon sells. 4' led retrofit 90+ CRI bulbs, 5000 kelvin color, 18 watts for like $11 a bulb. They fit in any T8 or T12 fixture and have a 5 year warranty as well. Some other folks posted some great info in there to.