Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will you be buying your food online now @ Amazon?

Kroger here is offering Clicklist where they pick your order and you pick it up curbside. It's apparently wildly successful locally. And Meijer just started delivery. Might as well consider Amazon at that point too. Produce would probably be at least a couple days fresher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Amazon's proposed acquisition doesn't really change things relative to their online/pickup food offerings or Whole Foods operations, at least initially. You can already buy package goods from them and in some areas, fresh food is available for pickup at special designated locations. The Whole Foods acquisition is more of a move back into "brick and mortar" for Amazon, just as they've done by opening some B&M book stores as of late. Diversification, as it were. Long term, things may come together a bit. Some folks are saying that there's even a chance for "zero check out" setups which is an interesting concept, albeit not great for the labor situation for folks like my older daughter who work in grocery store settings for above minimum wage earnings.
    You might be right. Then again, maybe Bezos the Oracle has some tricks up his sleeve that nobody sees coming. I don't believe anyone predicted the Whole Foods acquisition, so I say it's equally hard to predict exactly what Amazon has in mind. The only two things I would bet on is (1) they made the acquisition for a purpose not yet publicly disclosed in detail and (2) it will be interesting. Whether it will work is another matter and time will tell.

I can't 2-day shipping here, much less 2-hour. We have no Whole Foods store and even if we did, at 26 miles from downtown, I'm not too sure we'd be in the delivery area. Besides, I also like to paw my produce before buying it.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    As far as i know most of our groceries are bought at Wegmens (weekly) and Costco (every 2 or 3 weeks),

PHM
    Same here.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Fry's Cliclist
    and now I see Walmart is doing it also but I never would trust Walmart LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Bert - are you talking about Whole Foods? Or some other grocery store?

Mike
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 06-20-2017 at 9:37 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Our city got a new Whole Foods a couple years ago. Went in there one time and was not impressed. Seemed like over price PC yuppie food that was priced 30-50% "regular" grocery stores. I remember seeing their "organic" rotisserie chicks at $9 but we buy them $5-6 at WalMart. Think I'm to old to appreciate the premium for yuppie organic food.

As far as I know, we have one of those "magic" pantries--every time I open it up, there's food in there.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Almost every market in this area has Internet-order/pickup service and some also have delivery, too. It's not a new concept. I personally prefer to walk through Wegman's and select things myself, as does Professor Dr. SWMBO, but there are many people who for time constraint or other reasons, like the order ahead and just pick up convenience. Blue Apron and others are also doing a healthy and growing business in the meal-ingredient delivery business, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

No f'ing way. I buy groceries from local producers only. Don't ever buy processed food like products. Meats come from local growers. Veggies come from my own garden or local farmers. I try never to buy from major corporations.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]