Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bench Dog router table/saw extension

Bench Dog router table/saw extension

Thinking of getting this for my new scaled down shop. Anyone have any experience with this? Looks like it will fit my JET pro-shop saw.

Scott

I have thought about it and seen people report that they have one with generally positive reviews. That page has a rather large amount of information, does it come with a fence? That would change the cost calculation a little. If it's just the plate, seems like I would probably just make a hole for a lift in the existing melamine and build a better support structure underneath..

I have a real problem with space, and there is no room for a router table in my shop, so putting one in the saw is the only way I would get one. OTOH, I don't know where I would put all the junk that's on the tablesaw extension now. OK, just kidding about that, I have managed to get it cleaned off before, I'm sure I could do it again

I used the Bench Dog product for my "poor man's" shaper addition to my slider. Quality product. Very pleased.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've had one for years and I really like it. It currently has a benchdog lift in it but I'm not happy with the mechanics of the locking function. I'm considering getting the Jessem lift that will fit that opening.

I installed one on my Unisaw several years ago along with the BD lift and a digital height readout. I wouldn’t want to be without it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I installed one on my Unisaw several years ago along with the BD lift and a digital height readout. I wouldn’t want to be without it.
    Maybe I have an older model of the BD lift but to lock its position there is an under table handle that you turn to push a set screw against one of the lift's posts. I find that no matter how hard I crank that setscrew there is creep in the DOC.

I dont have the Benchdog table saw extension router table, but I do have their larger cast iron router table which is the same build quality and all I can say is there isnt a nicer option available on the market today.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I've had the Bench Dog router table and lift for about 12 years. The lift still works perfectly and has never been maintained - not sure I understand the comment about locking made earlier as I didn't even know there was one. Once the height is set, it just stays there. Recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Froh View Post
    Maybe I have an older model of the BD lift but to lock its position there is an under table handle that you turn to push a set screw against one of the lift's posts. I find that no matter how hard I crank that setscrew there is creep in the DOC.
    Peter, I installed my BD in 2007. The only time I ever lock the position is if I’m using a large diameter cutter. Normally I just leave the lock snugged. I haven’t noticed any creeping.

I don’t know what DOC stands for.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have the Benchdog extension table. It's really well made and adds some weight to your TS to reduce vibration. I also have the incra mast-r-lift II, but the version with the plate sized for rockler tables. It's super well-made device. It's a really great combo!

I have also had one for many years. Great product. Use with the bench dog router lift and porter cable router.

Depth of Cut.

Maybe I'll have to have a closer look at it and see if there is some adjustment screw loose.

Do you have a picture of how you have it set up with your slider? I am looking into a new slider and "poor man's" shaper might fit the bill.

I did this with the cast iron router table extension from Peachtree woodworking. The Peachtree extension has a larger opening for router plates and lifts from Woodpeckers and some others. Pictures here in post #15:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...max&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mercado View Post
    Do you have a picture of how you have it set up with your slider? I am looking into a new slider and "poor man's" shaper might fit the bill.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...light=BenchDog
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...