Thread: Cutting cardstock issues

Cutting cardstock issues

Hi everybody.
    Lately I was laser cutting cardstock, mostly invitations and alike, and I found out that my honeycomb is dirtier than ever.
    After cleaning up with Krud Kutter several times, I'm wondering if I need to use a vector pin table of some sort or something else to avoid such residues.
    The main issue is that when I try to cut light colors of cardstock, I need to be very carefully handling the items made, adding too much time to the process.
    Marco
    Rabbit QX-60-9060
    Versacamm solvent printer
    Corel Draw / Adobe CC

try lowering your power or increase cut speed see if that helps what are your settings.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    try lowering your power or increase cut speed see if that helps what are your settings.
    I think the biggest problem is not being able to get the grid perfectly clean before starting. I like to use a sacrificial piece of acrylic, the leftover 12x24 from cutting a lot of small pieces. With the low power and high speed to cut the paper/card stock it won't melt the acrylic. Air still gets through, and the paper doesn't fall through. I keep 20-30 of those around.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

With most colored cardstock, the burns are not an issue, only with white and very light colors, and the power and speed used are working good. the problem is with the residues in the honeycomb that appears after working on several items. I'm gonna try a piece of acrylic as suggested by Joe, to see if it works for me.
    Thanks
    Rabbit QX-60-9060
    Versacamm solvent printer
    Corel Draw / Adobe CC

I've mentioned this a few time before-- for a quick, cheap temporary 'pin table', try some lockwashers---

I keep this bag under my machine, they're SS washers, for #6 screws I think--
    lw1.jpg

Just lay a few out, just use how many you think you'll need-
    lw2.jpg

Here's a side few shot- the washers are very uniform, and only the tiny edge tip contacts the material--
    lw3.jpg

not perfect but the price is right! I don't cut enough to justify a pin table, and this works well for me, should work with card stock...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle