ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    speaking of shooting gear...

ph.jpg
    I had horrible luck with one of these as most of the time the cartridge wouldn't fire. I finally rented a Hilti model from Home Depot that had a trigger. I was at a construction site where someone couldn't get one of these to fire either and the live cartridge got stuck inside.

Agree with you on the loader. I bought one several years ago off the CZ forum, it's the cat's meow!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I had horrible luck with one of these as most of the time the cartridge wouldn't fire. I finally rented a Hilti model from Home Depot that had a trigger. I was at a construction site where someone couldn't get one of these to fire either and the live cartridge got stuck inside.
    I've had better luck - I used one on all the PT bottom plates for my shop, about liniar 250 ft. It always fired perfectly unless I gave it a weak smack. Even a large framing hammer didn't work for me - a small hand-held sledge hammer was perfect.

JKJ

+1 on the UpULA loader. My thumbs would never have survived pushing 17 rounds into a Glock magazine over and over again.
    Last edited by James Gunning; 07-21-2017 at 4:38 PM.

Transfer punches, step bits, link belt, dial indicator, magnetic base, calipers, thumb ratchets, clicker torque wrenches, bar clamps, air hose connectors, free flash lights, zip ties, mortising bits for router, socket sets, wrenches, hollow chisel punches, all from HF.

Since we've already gone off the woodworking rails I'll add the Thermopop meat thermometer. I recommend this to all my friends and family as a wonderful way to keep from screwing up a good piece of meat. Can't say enough good things about it.

Saddle Squares, the things are almost magical. (Yes, mine are also from Lee Valley.)

Quick-Grip One handed bar clamps.

Gimbal Ratchets, from GearWrench. (Sears Craftsman brands 'em also) I got 'em on a lark, but man, they are handy. If you've ever been in a situation where you have to put something together, take it apart, put it together, repeatedly as you're dialing it in or such, these are great, because they are fast, they allow you to use a natural hand motion and get enough snugtite on the fastener to hold things together. When everything's where it needs to be, you can break out a proper wrench/ratchet and put some good torque on.

Step bits, ohhhh yeah.

Cat's paws.

Knipex Pliers-Wrench. Better than a crescent wrench 98% of the time. A crescent wrench is better for bustin' heads, and perhaps a few other times, but otherwise, Knipex PW for me. (Anybody want to buy some good ol' American made crescent wrenches??)
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post
    Knipex Pliers-Wrench. Better than a crescent wrench 98% of the time. A crescent wrench is better for bustin' heads, and perhaps a few other times, but otherwise, Knipex PW for me. (Anybody want to buy some good ol' American made crescent wrenches??)
    I've never used Knipex wrenches but I am a believer in their tools after buying one of their compound leverage wire cutters. 12 ga high tensile fencing wire is one of the hardest things to cut but no problem for the Knipex. Very high quality tools.

JKJ

Quick change drill bit holders. I keep one in all my cordless drills. They let me easily swap between different sizes of pilot hole drills and screwdriver bits.

Steve

Blog Entries
    Well, thanks to this thread, I now own a set of transfer punches and some Vix Bits, plus I am bidding on a Knipex pliers-wrench. My wife would like to ask that this thread be locked for my protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Well, thanks to this thread, I now own a set of transfer punches and some Vix Bits, plus I am bidding on a Knipex pliers-wrench. My wife would like to ask that this thread be locked for my protection.
    Transfer punches are incredibly useful - I keep them in english and metric sizes. I'm sure you know they are just for making a tiny mark. I've read reviews from unhappy people who must have been trying to make a divot in steel by hitting them with a hammer like a center punch!

JKJ