Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Exterior Door Project

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    That makes perfect sense, and I applaud the foresight--I see too little foresight in new construction projects sometimes. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why you would want an ADA-compliant threshold at the top of some steps (not to mention the door knob...).

Thanks Jason. I had no clue what an automatic bottom seal was until my pro friend told me about them. The combined cost of the seal and sill is about twice that of an adjustable sill, and it takes a lot more effort to install the seal than other options, but it gives a nice clean look and eliminates the trip hazard of many adjustable sills. I'll probably use the same approach for my own new front door because I have a cement threshold, too.

The lockset/door knob was chosen by the home owner. I take no credit or blame for it. The house is some sort of Spanish style, inside and out, but the owner is an Arts and Crafts fan. Only way I can explain the lockset.

John

I do love a good door! The understated elegance is wonderful, matching the top surround. Hope it weathers well.