Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: drum sanders

I avoid Grizzly whenever I can. From my drum sander research I have found little reason to not go with the tried and true Supermax 19/38 or any other model from them.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I went to buy a SuperMax, but they had just sold it their last one. They had a deal on the brand new redesigned Jet and I picked it up instead. Jet changed a few of the "issues" the older Jet's had and made it a lot more like the Supermax. I've been very happy with the Jet and would recommend it. Changing the paper ( just did it yesterday ) isn't that bad and doesn't need tools. It is easy to adjust getting it flat but mine came correctly set.

I have the grizzly go458, not impressed with it. Under powered, dust collect is marginal and with the table moving long stack is a pain.
    If I had it to do over I would save up for the Supermax

I had a Delta 18/36 open end sander. It worked fine, very good port design for DC, not too difficult to change paper but was easy to blow the paper if pushed even slightly hard. I sold it and bought a Woodmaster.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have a supermax 25" dual drum. Works great. Usually cleans up from the planer in 1 pass.

I think oscillation is key. Please give us an update.

what sander are you speaking about the grizzly or supermax