Thread: Computer Help. Program not in start menu.

Computer Help. Program not in start menu.

I just installed a video edit program called Lightworks.
    The program does not show up in my start menu. Only Uninstall Lightworks shows.
    I can go to the program folder and find and open it that way. The program works as it should.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

It will vary slightly with the OS you're running, but navigate to the executable file, right-click, and select 'Pin to Start menu'.

Or, right-click, then select 'create short-cut'. You can then move the short-cut to your desktop (but it won't be in your start menu).

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    It will vary slightly with the OS you're running, but navigate to the executable file, right-click, and select 'Pin to Start menu'.

Or, right-click, then select 'create short-cut'. You can then move the short-cut to your desktop (but it won't be in your start menu).

Pin to start did not work.
    I keep all things hidden on my desktop but may have to go the way.

I run Windows 10.
    Just updated this week so not sure if that is the problem.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    try restarting your computer. Some programs require a restart to be fully installed.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    try restarting your computer. Some programs require a restart to be fully installed.
    That did not work also.
    - Rick Dale