Thread: 75 watt ext Getting No Power

75 watt ext Getting No Power

I've had my 75 ext for 6 years now and had very few problems. about a year ago I would turn on the power to the laser and nothing would happen. If I flipped the switch a few times it would eventually work. I haven't had the issue for almost 5 months, then earlier this week I had the same problem. I came out to fire up the laser this morning after running all of yesterday and no power. The breakers by the plug aren't tripped and there are no lights on the motherboard above where the cord plugs into the laser. Of course it dies when I have a huge job I'm in the middle of that has a tight deadline. Either the mother board or the plug itself is bad in my opinion (No credibility behind that opinion). Epilog is closed today but if anyone has any ideas on a way to repair myself or bypass or get the laser to limp thru the weekend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Start with the simplest first. Power at outlet? Bad switch or power cord? R&R power cord, if not with the POWER unplugged bypass the switch with a jumper of sorts... be safe please.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Might just be the switch itself...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I agree, if you flick the switch and sometimes it comes on, most likely it's the switch.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I do a ton of wood etching, so I ended up taking my air nozzle and hitting every electrical contact. I then put it back together and hit the switch and it worked. Going to order a mew switch monday just to have on hand. i appreciate the help!