Thread: Anyone use Lightworks video edit program?

Anyone use Lightworks video edit program?

Gets great reviews & FREE

But is there a way to save videos you edit as a file on your computer?
    There is an option to upload to Youtube. Looks like it will save it within the program but don't want to be locked in to a program down the road.
    I have a ton of home movies on VHS I would like to edit and make digital. Want to start off with the right program as all this will be a lot of work.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Dave: This may be a bit off topic, but what are you going to use as the capture device to convert your VHS tapes to digital files? I ask because I just bought the Diamond VC500 and is excellent. It comes with a free/included version of Powerdirector 12 as the capture software.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Dave: This may be a bit off topic, but what are you going to use as the capture device to convert your VHS tapes to digital files? I ask because I just bought the Diamond VC500 and is excellent. It comes with a free/included version of Powerdirector 12 as the capture software.

Not too sure yet.
    I was hoping I could play the VSH tapes and record with my DVD recorder.Then import the video from DVD to my computer. Not sure if that will work. Have to try it out.
    Thanks for the tip on the VC500. I will check it out.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Gets great reviews & FREE

But is there a way to save videos you edit as a file on your computer?
    There is an option to upload to Youtube. Looks like it will save it within the program but don't want to be locked in to a program down the road.
    I have a ton of home movies on VHS I would like to edit and make digital. Want to start off with the right program as all this will be a lot of work.

My have answered my own question.
    I have read reviews that with Lightworks you could not save to your computer only upload to Youtube. I made a short video and went to upload it to Youtube. The video is save to a folder on my computer first in MP4 format. It plays back with Windows Media Player with no problem. I have yet to upload to Youtube so not too sure if that works yet.

I'm 100% new to video editing but think I can get the hang of this program. So far I'm liking it.
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 06-24-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    - Rick Dale