Thread: New to The Forum

Smile New to The Forum

Hello Turners, just joined the forum. I was a pen turner for about 4 years but got burnt out tuning just pens. I sold some my pens online and in craft shops, gave many away as gifts. Haven't turned in year and have decided to start a new adventure in turning bowls, twig pots and just a variaty of other things. I've only turned pens so I have a lot to learn. I have a good set of Sorby tools and I have a Delta (Midi) lathe which has served me well. I'll be turning a lot of green scrap wood to learn the cuts of each tool. I used a small spindle gouge, roughing tool and scraper in my pen turning. I'll be asking questions and looking at lot of youtube videos. Thanks

Lamar

Welcome to the forum, Lamar. You'll find plenty of help here, & friendly folks willing to answer questions about anything.
    Sawdust703

Welcome aboard Lamar, you will get lots of help here. The turners share their knowledge and take pride in helping each other.

Jay

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Lamar.
    Lots of great people here more than willing to help you move into your next turning adventure.
    I'm still somewhat of a newby and I've never found a friendlier bunch of folks.

Bill

Thanks very much Brad. Happy turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Mullins View Post
    Welcome aboard Lamar, you will get lots of help here. The turners share their knowledge and take pride in helping each other.

Jay
    Thanks Jay, and happy turning
    T

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    Welcome, Lamar.
    Lots of great people here more than willing to help you move into your next turning adventure.
    I'm still somewhat of a newby and I've never found a friendlier bunch of folks.

Bill
    Thanks Bill and happy turning.

Lamar: Are you a member or attending visitor to any woodturning clubs? If so, seek assistance from fellow club turners. If not, find a club that is close enough to attend and network. Turners are great folks that love to share knowledge, and can save you many hours of failed attempts.
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Greenbaum View Post
    Lamar: Are you a member or attending visitor to any woodturning clubs? If so, seek assistance from fellow club turners. If not, find a club that is close enough to attend and network. Turners are great folks that love to share knowledge, and can save you many hours of failed attempts.
    Great advice Mark, yes, there is a turning club close and I will be visiting them very soon. I use to belong (still do) to a penturners club but that is all they did was turn pens. Looking forward to turning new things. Happy Turning.

Welcome Lamar, and welcome back to turning. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's started and stopped and started and stopped and......
    USMC '97-'01

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Petersen View Post
    Welcome Lamar, and welcome back to turning. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's started and stopped and started and stopped and......
    Hi Adam, thanks. Looking forward to start turning again.