Thread: Twin dressers project

1. Twin dressers project

Twin dressers for my twin daughters who are 8 years old. I have been working on this project in my spare time for over a year and now they're finnaly done. The girls are ecstatic!
    Woods used are cherry, maple and walnut. The pulls are a bent lamination and attached with walnut dowels. The tops feature breadboard ends with walnut accent pins. The drawer boxes are maple ply edged with cherry riding on full extension ball bearing guides. Drawer box joinery is tungue and groove. Finish is oil and poly. I'm very pleased with how they came out and I hope I have inspired some, as I have been inspired by others. I owe a big thank you to the members here at the creek as this is where I started my woodworking journey and education 12 years ago. Enjoy the photos.

Last edited by Dewayne Baker; 06-25-2017 at 1:20 PM.
    Express Creativity With Wood.

Very nice work!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What's not to like about these dressers? Creative, pleasing design. Beautiful selection of materials. Very well executed craftsmanship and finish. Very nice Duwayne, that you for posting.

Great work. The figured maple and cherry are a really nice combination. The curves and proportions really work well together. Did you stain/dye the cherry for color consistency, or is it all heartwood? Hard to find cherry without any sap wood.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    Great work. The figured maple and cherry are a really nice combination. The curves and proportions really work well together. Did you stain/dye the cherry for color consistency, or is it all heartwood? Hard to find cherry without any sap wood.
    Hi tom, thanks. I did not use any stains. The finish starts with a coat of super blonde dewaxed shellac then a couple coats of a polly and oil mixture. I eliminate the sap wood through stock selection and planing my cuts around it.
    Express Creativity With Wood.

Very nice work and excellent design.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

most of my furniture is cherry/curly maple combo, so I really like your choice. Bet your girls are thrilled!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Very nice work. You've given them an heirloom!