Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench Build

Some progress

The wife and daughters are out of town for a week which granted me time in the shop and time to complete a few thing around the house. I made some progress on my bench which included the installation of the wagon vise hardware and the legs sized and tenons cut.The addition of a Record 311 and square changed my tenon game. I chopped 2 mortises this morning while I got dinner started. Nothin' like low and slow smoked Pork Boston butt and a beef brisket! Happy 4th everyone and stay safe.
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

I took last week off to burn some PTO and get some projects buttoned up. I Finished my bench and completed the second chair in a set of four I am building for our home. I also made a set of Roy's Bench hooks. The benchs' final dimensions are 4 7/8" thick 21" wide and 6'6" long with a 33.5 height. I gained quite a bit of space in the shop.So far the height and thinner width have been great (Last bench was 33" wide) I finally got the position of one of the hold fast holes settled and drilled into the top. I was a little apprehensive to say the least. Here are a few pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMG_0531.jpgIMG_0522.jpgIMG_0532.jpg
    Sorry about the orientation. I could not get them to rotate.
    Thanks for looking.