Thread: Shopfox Bandsaw Whats it worth?

Shopfox Bandsaw Whats it worth?

Looking at buying a used Shopfox Bandsaw W1706 with Riser Block, Mobile Base and extra blades. It has had very little use been well maintained no rust dents What do you think it would be worth?

Guy

Most used saws in that range sell on Graigs List in the Chicago area for $400 to$450. The 1hp motor is small if you are using the capacity of the Risorgimento block. Cutting 10 thick wet wood would be slow. Extra blades are of little value in price. They are consumables. Cast iron wheels will help pulling the blade through wood. Enclosed cabinet, two speeds and wheels are a plus if needed.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Not sure what it is worth but at 4 to 500 I would snap it up with those accessories. I have that saw and I buy my blades from Highland and the wood slicer is great. I think they have a blade for wet wood as well. I have never stopped the blade with the existing motor. Mine is about 4 years old just upgraded to the riser block last year. I think I paid about $750 new in Green Bay, WI. It was on sale.
    Last edited by Robert Willing; 06-28-2017 at 10:43 AM.

4. The shopfox w1706 is the same saw I have as the G0555LX. Only it has the cabinet stand as an upgraded feature. I could not be happier with my G0555LX with riser block. I use the Highland Hardware Woodturners blades at 105" on it, and I have cut many a 12" bowl blank on it. If you watch your feed rate, the thing will does great. I also have an 18" Jet bandsaw in my shop, and 95% of the time I use my Grizz G0555LX. It does that good! That 1 hp motor is pretty stout, and is a premium Tiawanese motor. Proper adjustment is necessary for any bandsaw to give good performance.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!