Thread: DelVe Square just arrived

DelVe Square just arrived

So I took the bait on a Woodpecker's DelVe square back in Feburary. This was an encore One Time Tool. Looks to really be a little swiss army knife of layout squares. Very cool and very well designed. I suppose the question will be whether one can adopt the various capabilities into your work habits, especially if you are accustomed to using say, a Starrett mini double square or something else. If I can get into the habit of making it the go-to tool for layout and marking, I can see it becoming indispensable.

Funny - if you bought it during the February ordering window, it was $49.99. Right now I see one for auction on Ebay and it's up to $177 with two days left to go in the auction!

Yea got mine a couple weeks ago. Finally a really useful one-time-tool. I am impressed with it and already find it very handy as it is compact. They should consider upsizing it into a 6" and 8" model.

I bought mine the first go round. It is probably the most used measuring tool in my shop besides the tape measure. Love it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    ... fFunny - if you bought it during the February ordering window, it was $49.99. Right now I see one for auction on Ebay and it's up to $177 with two days left to go in the auction!
    Wow! I bought one b/c I didn't already have a small graduated layout square. I felt The $58 ish cost with shipping was steep, but justified it b/c they are well made tools.

I can't fathom someone paying $177 for one. There are many options on the market. Maybe I should be buying a gross of every OTT and be a reseller on eBay!

Mine arrived last week. So far it has been useless to me except for the "it is cool factor". Ironically, I really really really could have used it the day before it arrived as I was doing some setup where it would have been useful.

I anticipate that I will get a lot of use out of it, but I must admit that at $177, I would consider selling it..... but..... in its compact form, I think that I will get sufficient use from it that I might not sell it for $177. Then again, some of what I expect to do with it I can get by with their 6" square (or similar).

http://www.woodpeck.com/carpentersq6.html