Thread: So, is this BS blade any good for wood?

So, is this BS blade any good for wood?

I can't resist a bargain, no matter how useless or silly it is.

Yesterday I saw this $79 blade for $12. My will power melted away and I bought it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How foolish was I?

I don't know but here is the defining question. Do you have a band saw it will fit? If so, you got a bargain. If not, well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I don't know but here is the defining question. Do you have a band saw it will fit? If so, you got a bargain. If not, well . . .
    I am not that dumb. I looked through all their listings to find a 142", and yes, it will handle 1".

It's a bimetal blade, and so if you got the 2-3 TPI version, I'd say you got a pretty good deal on a resaw blade.

I bet it's a very good blade It has a Raker set so one left one right and straight.Should Resaw wood very nicely
    When it gets dull send it out for sharpening.If it come back without a big burr on one side that's a keeper.
    Aj

That seems like a killer price to me.

I think that will be a slow cutting blade. not much room for the chip load, low or no rake angle. Probably not enough set for softwood.
    Let us know how it works in wood.
    Bill

Thanks for the heads-up. I just got a 222" X 1-1/4" blade for $19.00.....

I feel better now, thanks.

I was just concerned because it doesn't mention "wood" as something it can cut; thought there might be a reason why.

Bimetal blades are great for wood with the right tooth style/set. They last a long time. I looked for blades for my saws, but I don't like using wide bands, 1",11/4" which is all I could find available.

Blog Entries
    Am I the only one that sees "BS" and doesn't at first think "Band Saw"? Normally I wouldn't mention this, but it really reads funny. My thought was if it's a BS blade, well, sounds like you answered the question already.

For $12, even if you only get one project's use out of it...

Erik

I wasn't really serious. Just lame attempt at a little humor. My opinion is you got a really outstanding buy on a resaw blade. I think you probably already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I am not that dumb. I looked through all their listings to find a 142", and yes, it will handle 1".

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I wasn't really serious. Just lame attempt at a little humor. My opinion is you got a really outstanding buy on a resaw blade. I think you probably already knew that.
    I know; I wasn't either. Well, I was serious about whether it was a useful blade or not.