Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who has a spouse that does wood working and/or home improvement stuff with them?

Married 39 years. We remodeled two old homes by ourselves in decades past. Sonia is an excellent painter and will help with whatever, whenever I ask, but nowadays she mostly helps me with with the heavy lifting and when I need a second set of hands, if she isn't on the golf course or the Houston Rockets aren't on TV. Yes, I am a golf widower.

She has expressed some interest in turning, so maybe there will be a lathe in the new shop. She is more of a doer than a studier and since I don't know anything about turning, maybe we'll take a class together...
    Mark McFarlane

20161207_171108.jpg

She wanted to use the 30" jointer

20170222_210125.jpg

Helped unload a trailer full of machinery

Quote Originally Posted by keith micinski View Post
    Couldn't be more shocked by how many reasonable women there appear to be out there according to this thread. I would have guessed there weren't this many in the entirety of the world.
    Ouch! I hope you eventually meet some reasonable women, including some who, like me, love woodworking.
    Johanna
    Placitas, New Mexico

My wife and I re-roofed her grandparents house before we got married. Years later she carried hundreds of cement roof tiles up a ladder, one at a time to assist the carpenters (friends) in finishing my new workshop, while I was in the hospital. She got tired of waiting for me once, and built a couple closet drawers while I was at work. She designs projects complete with scale drawings for stuff she wants me to make, and comes out to the shop when help is needed, including finishing. She completely designed a complex addition at our present house, including the kitchen cabinets, I am still working on.

She just retired last week, and is presently on a trip with our daughter. She has never nagged, and very seldom complains about anything, but she says when she gets home she will 'help' me finish the 12 year remodel on the house. Yes, she is that patient. Has to be, we have been married 53 years.

I can't really say she likes woodworking, but I know she likes me.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.