Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your Neander Shop!

Blog Entries
    Brian Holcombe ruined it for all of us with his clean and organized shop. (Just kidding). Here is my roughly 12x14 shop. The house was built to fit the lot and so it is not square, which makes furniture placement hard. The wall to the right in the photo showing the plane cabinet is actually angled, so one side of the shop is 16' and the other is 14'. The air compressor is in the pointy corner made from the angled wall.

The bench isn't finished. The wood sitting on top is two halves of the vise chop for the LN chain drive vise. The pattern is for the leg vise. There is a longer half of the top on which the patternmakers vise will hang.

The plane cabinet and saw till was a found object. I posted a thread about that. I converted it to plane storage. The inside light stays on 24 hours a day to abate humidity. It works very well. No rust since that was done.

The sharpening area/disaster area is a separate room. The stove is used for cooking finishes, heating glues, and on Thanksgiving it serves as an extra baking oven. I unplug it when not in use for safety. I decided not to clean up for the picture. This is actually pretty bad. I am doing multiple projects and what can I say- I always end up with no time for cleanup.

Turn your our head sideways. iPhone pics never load right.

IMG_1597.jpgIMG_1598.jpgIMG_1599.jpgIMG_1600.jpgIMG_1596.jpg
    Last edited by Malcolm Schweizer; 07-09-2017 at 3:17 PM.

nd,the big problem is I just have been such a tool pig,I don't have places to put things! Not even with all those shelves I made.

Blog Entries
    Malcolm I really like that wooden chest of drawers!
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Brian beat me to it; but, your tool drawer cabinet (looks like a Gerstner but much taller) is super good looking!

Blog Entries
    Believe it or not, that was sold at Sam's Wholesale Club years ago- like 1990. It is like the ones Grizzly sells. Nothing spectacular, but gets the job done, and looks good if you need to put it somewhere other than the shop. (Like when I used to have the kitchen shop.)

Blog Entries
    Also- all that stuff on top of it goes on the red shelves but I am in the middle of two projects so they are being used.

Here you are, the tool section is about 500 square feet.
    I don't know why they display sideways
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a couple pics of the rest the shop, which allows me to have handtool corner. All together around 5000 ft.²

Quote Originally Posted by Kees Heiden View Post
    The sound is not too good!

Here's my shop.

What a beautiful range of shops!

Blog Entries
    Keith, I really like all the molding planes. It looks like you have a full set of H&Rs.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Pretty much all the space I have. A few more tools in drawers in the closet beyond the door...

IMG_0534.jpg

Blog Entries
    Shop.jpeg Storage areas.jpeg backporch.jpeg

The wife is letting me use the larger garage for a shop at the home we are moving to. The garage is about 26'x26'. There are two closets on the left side of garage, one has water in it. Even with my Mini in there I still have a good amount of space. I have rubber "horse stall matts" from our kennel that I plan to cover the floor with, some of them are visible. There is a third small room on the far end of the same wall, with room for a shelf or two, but mostly used for bike, paddle... storage. The door out the back of the garage goes to a 10'x16' porch, that I plan to enclose. There is a deck with roof above it. I have moved a few power tools and a few of my hand tools, unfortunately my tools are spread between two locations at the moment and I have to carry some back & forth. There is a "carriage house" above the garage.
    Last edited by Mike Holbrook; 07-10-2017 at 7:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My shop area hasn't been that tidy since before I moved in.

jtk
    I was going to say the same thing....
    Paul