Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your Neander Shop!

Thanks Jim. The evens are from Clark and Williams and the odds are from Matt Bickford. Matt also made me a set of snipe bills, side rounds and a couple of wood shoulder planes.

If you ever want to come up to Seattle and use them you are welcome to do so.
    Last edited by Keith Mathewson; 07-10-2017 at 8:19 PM.

Thought I'd post some pics for the laugh, normally I pick better days to take some.
    Sorry to those offended....
    Some day I'll have a clean shop, its just that when I do, I always find more wood, its like a curse
    If it's not wood, its another machine. what to do, what to do !
    I know there's another good few doors from what the paper says, depending if those folks get planning permission to rip the front down
    Looks like I'll be in that huge skip before long....again.

Nice to see even Brian isn't susceptible to this affliction
    I'd like to know what you plan on doing with those bits dude, 'tis probably for another thread though.

You cant see the lumber with the wood in the way, but I'm getting close to having all this stock in a more organised state.
    These are the offcuts with putty that had to be hacked off, jointed face and edges for the saw and about ready for cutting the putty/molding off the other side
    So that's two rounds of planing and sawing before I can start stacking it.
    The tablesaw is a mighty tool for non through cuts, near to the height of the putty, so the remaining timber can be snapped and that stock prepared again.
    Won't be long now before I have some space

Great looking shops folks
    1.JPG2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    Last edited by Tom Trees; 07-11-2017 at 1:35 AM.

Tom are you related to Steven?

Regards from Perth

Derek

No...........

Who knows?....
    We could all have originated from the first few dusty neanders, who picked up a stone and argued about
    the virtues of BU vs BD
    My rocks better than yours
    Tomas

If your following this thread your a distant relative, if you have posted here your are first cousin!

Oh Tom T.............Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. Stephen is a rank amateur compared to you.
    David

Does he like climbing into skips in the evenings too?
    I thought I saw him actually make something
    Tomas

Tom I can't stop laughing! It is obvious that lawn mowing is not on the top of the list. It would be a day's work to get the mower out of that tangle. I couldn't see a horizontal surface large enough to put a dime on without covering something else.
    Jim

Hi Brian,

Would you mind telling me how you're able to post such large photos? I get a failed to upload message any time I try to post ones bigger than a thumbnail.

Thanks,

David

Right now..more like climbing into a Skiff...
    whirlpool.jpg
    Been raining hard all day today, too...
    stair way.jpg
    Good thing I brought the desk project up the stairs..
    creek.jpg
    Creek is running through right about where I usually stand....

Quote Originally Posted by David Wadstrup View Post
    Hi Brian,

Would you mind telling me how you're able to post such large photos? I get a failed to upload message any time I try to post ones bigger than a thumbnail.

Thanks,

David
    He hosts them on a separate image site, which can upload any sized picture. They get sized bigger when displayed here than Sawmill Creek's built-in image hosting. When uploading an image, choose "From URL", and uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally." . Now go to an image hosting site like imgur.com and upload your photo. Copy the "direct link" URL and paste it into the sawmill creek image URL box.

Thanks Allen!

Bummer Stephen. If you could find a low spot and drill hole for sump pump. But that doesn't work in some situations.

Blog Entries
    Now go to an image hosting site like imgur.com and upload your photo. Copy the "direct link" URL and paste it into the sawmill creek image URL box.
    The problem with this is eventually with changes over time the links are broken and then there are no images in the post. For many that isn't a problem, but for some instructional posts, it can render them useless to future readers.

My recollection is SMC has a 1.4Mb limit to uploading image size. It may be necessary to run a copy of an image through an image handler to reduce the size before posting. My method is to take a screen shot of the image, my understanding is Windows can do that now, this allows for cropping and at least on my computer also makes a smaller file that can be uploaded without a problem.

All of my images in posts are hosted on SMC and even with a few glitches due to site software changes they have all been retained.

Bob Smalser has some great instructional posts. Many of his images are stored off of SMC. Many of them are no longer visible due to broken links.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 07-14-2017 at 1:04 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)