Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things that make you say hummm........

I think they are well into the advanced stages of the end. Today they announced they are going to sell Kenmore on Amazon.

Sears shareholders certainly don't think the Amazon deal is a sign of the end. Sears stock was up 10% today and HD/Lowes stock dropped.

I am not sure why Whirlpool stock dropped on the news. Whirlpool has been a major producer for Kenmore. Kenmore is just a brand and doesn't actually make anything.

Something like 80% of Sears stock is held by the CEO and his buddy. He's in control of the stock price. Every few weeks they announce some deal and run the price back up then it starts dropping back down.

I don't know how much Whirlpool supplies to Sears anymore. An article I was reading a while back made it sound like most of it is sourced from Asian suppliers now. I know the Kenmore Elite microwave we got with our house is LG-made. Good thing too because Sears couldn't supply the damper for external venting but since it was the same as LG I could get it from RepairClinic.com. I'm guessing the trim piece on the door that is warping and falling off is not thought so we'll probably end up having to replace it soon. Fridgidaire already sells Alexa-controlled AC units so I would guess they make this one for Sears.

I say hummm a lot when looking at all the tattoos on younger folks. Some look like they don't have any non-ink spaces on their bodies. They must be addictive and have some allure this old man just doesn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I say hummm a lot when looking at all the tattoos on younger folks. Some look like they don't have any non-ink spaces on their bodies. They must be addictive and have some allure this old man just doesn't understand.
    Some younger men don't get it either Rich. I recently went to a public swimming pool. I only saw 2 (TWO!) women under 40 that didn't have a tatoo. "No.Thanks anyway, Ma'am."

Anyone who feels the need to draw all over themselves in permanent marker has issues IMO. Tattoos are ugly, period. I might make exceptions for old former military men, but otherwise, hell no.

"They are not tattoos ....they are skin illustrations"
    Rod Steiger

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    "They are not tattoos ....they are skin illustrations"
    Rod Steiger
    "To write love on her arm."
    BLECHHH!

9. im not a fan of tatoos either! i like hearing people say it will still look cool and appealing when they are older, yeah, right, wait till its sagging with the rest of your skin and tell me its still cool then!

Quote Originally Posted by mostyn harvey View Post
    im not a fan of tatoos either! i like hearing people say it will still look cool and appealing when they are older, yeah, right, wait till its sagging with the rest of your skin and tell me its still cool then!
    I think in another 30 years we are going to have the ugliest group of old people the world has ever seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    I think in another 30 years we are going to have the ugliest group of old people the world has ever seen...
    I was out for frozen yogurt with the wife on Sunday and this lady, she must have been in her 70s, comes in, covered in tattoos, with bright green hair. It was all I could do not to point and laugh. She looked ridiculous.