Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly 10% coupon.

Grizzly 10% coupon.

I currently have the hots for the Grizzly G0623X sliding table saw. I have read several posts where people have used a 10% off coupon for Grizzly, and/or free shipping. I called Grizzly and they just say neither is currently available.

Do these coupons really exist? Do they come around certain times of the year, or do you have to dance a jig in the dark while it is raining fairy dust? Am I missing something, or just having wishful dreams?

Does anyone have any info?

Thank you,

Cheapskate, 'er...thrifty.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

They have existed but they don't come around as much as they did a few years ago. They'd usually come attached to a magazine or emailed to newsletter subscribers IIRC. Don't hold your breath for the next round!

Order the free catalog. It often has the 5 percent coupon.

I have been getting a catalog and every flyer they send out for years and have never seen a coupon on it. Coupons used to come out on WWing magazines and e-mails in spring and fall. At one point I had a couple at one time. I don't think I have seen one in the last year.

I have had 3-6 magazine subscriptions for years and never saw a coupon. Maybe they quit as the recession eased. I will order the catalog. That new HD mobile base looks pretty good too.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Thanks for the tip on the mobile base. The super HD one goes up to 1300lbs so should handle my 1000 lb bandsaw.

I shared a 10 per cent off coupon last fall with a fellow creeker. As I recall it was on the cover of Popular Woodworking. I think they are a once a year thing. It should be coming soon however because I know it was September last year.

I "subscribed" to their website to get mine. If you click on "account" then create an account the email you a 10% coupon.
    At least it was for me when I created mine about 6 months ago.

Fyi, Grizzly sells on Amazon. Amazon's store card offered through Synchrony Bank provides 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases (including 3rd party sellers) or long financing option at 0%. So can get 5% all the time if Amazon carries what you're looking for.

OK, I opened an account on their website, and ordered the catalog. I will wait for the Sept issue of Popular Woodworking also.

Maybe I will get lucky.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Talk about Karma.

I did all the above suggestions. Signed up on the website, ordered the catalog (which got me a 5% coupon), checked all the magazines I could find for the September issues. I had finally accepted the fact that the recession is over and 5% is as good as it gets these days.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I find an ad on CL, for a Mini Max SC3 old style short slider with steel or cast iron table. It is an estate sale, and the people don't even know if it works, no place to plug it in even. I end up buying it for $500, not even sure it was single phase (it is). I made arrangements to pick it up in three weeks, after I get home from a trip. Today is the day I pick it up.

Problem? I come home from the trip, and find the Oct. issue of Woodworkers Journal has come. Don't get ahead of me here. YES, the coupon for 10% off on Grizzly is attached. I had really talked myself into wanting the Grizzly slider, because it takes dado's and has the newer style slider with slots for jigs.

Answer to problem? Pick up the SC3 tonight, give it a good going over to make sure everything works right, and try it for a week or so, to see if I like it. I have to hurry, since the coupon expires at the end of September.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I'd say that's all working out nicely for the village idiot, lol. Keep us posted on your escapades.

Wow. I didn't think those coupons even existed anymore! Not sure they they can be used by anyone but if you don't end up using it come the end of the month Ill take it off your hands
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Just got a 10% coupon with my Woodworker's Journal. I'm not "allowed" to use it (last year's coupon was worth about $700 to me if you catch my drift).

I'll send my code to the first PM I get.

Edit: It's gone man. It's gone.

Thanks!
    -Fred
    Last edited by Fred Falgiano; 09-02-2017 at 7:26 PM.

I must be blind, I don't see it in my magazine