Thread: Bosch GCM12SD to Dust Deputy....

Bosch GCM12SD to Dust Deputy....

sooo none of my adapters or hoses ever fit anything...

Looking for some suggestions on feeding the Bosch GCM12SD Miter saw to a dust deputy...

It won't help much, these saws need a hood with a good dust extractor....mine is shown
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I put the saw on a sliding base to get it as close to the back of the hood as possible and to be able to align it with the bench fences when I had sub fences fitted to the saw. I can wind it in or out as needed using a battery drill. All the air is extracted through the bottom of the hood rising through the plenum to the top extraction duct and the bottom opening needs to exceed the extraction duct size in area by 1.5 times for it to work properly and twice as big would not hurt. It is powered by a CV1800 running at 65hz and has been in use for about a year now and it simply works with no residue dust anywhere except on the back feet of the saw. The big problem I found after I built it was that I cannot tip the saw to do compound cuts but I do that once every ten years and it could be easily gotten around with a small re-design if needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Parks; 07-09-2017 at 3:36 AM.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I'm not sure about the dust deputy end, but for my GCM12SD I have a Ridgid vac hose that seems to be a reasonable friction fit for the saw's dust port. I think the model number for the hose is VT1720.

Before I got that hose, I was using a ferco coupler to adapt another hose.

Blog Entries
    +1 on the Ridgid hose. Mine is a friction fit on my Bosch sanders.

1295-and-1297.jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler