Hi all,

I'm a beginning woodworker / 1st time homeowner. So please forgive me for asking advice for a pretty simple project

I'd like to build a table to house my laundry equipment and provide a folding surface.

I have attached a photo of the area I have to work with.

Here are the design parameters I'm working with:
1. I'd like this to be a simple frameless cabinet style with a top, 2 sides, and a middle divider/support panel. These are already cut and resting on the machines in the photo.
2. I'd like the top to attach to the wall so items cannot fall behind the table.
3. The sides and middle support cannot attach to the wall because there are hoses, cables, and ducting that exit both sides. This will also allow access to the rear of the machines without pulling them out.
4. I'm using 3/4" Baltic birch plywood.
5. I'd like to elevate the side pieces off the ground to prevent water damage.

Here are my problems. Any advice is appreciated!
1. I can't install a bottom or back. Will attaching the table top to the wall and 2 sides be sufficiently sturdy?
2. What is the best way to attach the top to the wall? I was thinking about screwing a 2x4 along the rear underside of the table top, and then fastening the 2x4 to the wall studs (maybe with a french cleat?) The 2 side pieces and middle divider would support the top from the floor.
3. Since I can't install a bottom or back, how can I prevent the sides from racking or moving?
3. For elevating the side pieces: any suggestions on good leg levelers for a 3/4" panel? The ones that attach by screwing in to the side are pretty ugly. Attaching from underneath seems best, but I can't find such a product so far.

Photo Jul 08, 11 56 04 PM.jpg