Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DeWalt DW735 planer dust collection

DeWalt DW735 planer dust collection

Hi everyone !

I want to know if someone here with a DW735 planer has try to plug the DW735 in a dust collector ? I have the accessory collection bag but I'm not very happy about the small dust that it doesn't filter. I asked to the technical support of DeWalt how many CFM the blower is but they answered me that they don't recommand me to plug it in a dust collector. I'm sure if I choose a dust collector that have more CFM than the DW735 blower it will be ok. I'm just curious if someone here try it ...

Thanks !
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. (Bertrand Russell)

Perhaps the problem is that negative pressure will cause the built-in evacuation motor to spin too fast and be damaged.

The blower's motor is the same than the planer's motor. Only one motor. At one end, you have the gear for the knives and at the other end, you have the blower.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. (Bertrand Russell)

Mario,
    When thsi product was reviewed they hooked it up to a DC. Here is a link to the article.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/dw735rvu.html

I found a picture of the DW735 hooked up to a dust collector on DeWalt's site:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mario,

I have the 735 and hooked it up to my Oneida, never gave a thouht to doing otherwise. Not a speck of dust either!

Bob
    bob m

I use mine with my dc all the time. No problems. I was not aware they didn't want you hooking it up to a dc. Seems kinda odd since they include an adapter for it.

Thanks all !

Chris and Bob, how many CFM is your dust collector ? I just want to be sure that I choose a dust collector more powerful in term of CFM than the dewalt blower. In the review that Don Baer mentionned, the author said he has no problem with his delta 50-760 dust collector, which is a 1200 CFM. Delta also sell a 650 CFM(model AP400). I think it won't be enough.

Mario,
    I have run the DW735 with and without the Delta DC hooked up (as shown in my review); and can not notice a change in rpm of the planer. The 4"-diameter connector that came with it would seem like a goofy thing to include if it was not to be hooked to a dust collector. As a mater of fact, making a planer that can't be hooked to a dust collector would be very strange.
    I have heard from many people using the DW735 and no one has had any trouble with the dust collection, or anything else really.
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

Thumbs up

I have my DC hooked up to my 735 and it works fine [for about a year now].
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hintz
    As a mater of fact, making a planer that can't be hooked to a dust collector would be very strange.
    That's what I told to the technical support of DeWalt.

I'll copy you my conversation with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DeWalt technical support emails
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text colSpan=2>Mario,

We do not recommend doing so because the vacs will fill-up in no time due to the efficiency of the DW735 (95-98% of chips) versus other planers with dust extraction via a vac adapter and vacuum. That's why we recommend that you not use it. It was a major source of frustration for our testers who found that they loved the product with a DW7353.

Thank you

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text bgColor=#a0c4de>Customer (Mario Brissette)</TD><TD class=text align=right bgColor=#a0c4de>10/21/2005 02:11 PM</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text colSpan=2>Why you don't recommand using a dust collector ? You option bag doesn't work fine for me. Selling a planer that can't be connect to a dust collector is something I can' t understand. Next time I'll plan to buy a planer, I'll think twice before choosing a planer with a blower (whether it is a dewalt or not.). I really need to know how many CFm it blow because I want to choose a dust collector that have more cfm than the planer.

Thanks

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text bgColor=#c6d3ba>Response (Jeff)</TD><TD class=text align=right bgColor=#c6d3ba>10/21/2005 12:13 PM</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text colSpan=2>Hello Mario, and thanks for using DEWALT's on-line support.

We do not have a CFM rating available for this unit as we do not recommend using this unit with any sort of dust collector.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. If your question remains unresolved or if you require additional information please update this incident.

Sincerely,

Jeff

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text bgColor=#a0c4de>Customer (Mario Brissette)</TD><TD class=text align=right bgColor=#a0c4de>10/20/2005 03:33 PM</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text colSpan=2>A few months ago, I asked you a question but didn't receive yet an answer. You said that you'll investigate the question. I ask you how many CFM the DW735 blow away. I want to plug my DW735 planer to a dust collector but want a dust collector that have more CFM than the planer.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Brissette
    That's what I told to the technical support of DeWalt.

I'll copy you my conversation with them.
    Mario,

I can understand not using the planer with a vac, because it will fill up very, very quickly. However, I am baffled by Dewalt recommending not using a dust collector.

Bob
    bob m

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARINO
    Mario,

I can understand not using the planer with a vac, because it will fill up very, very quickly. However, I am baffled by Dewalt recommending not using a dust collector.

Bob
    Could it be that the bozo didn't know the difference?
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    Could it be that the bozo didn't know the difference?
    That would be my guess...

I have a Delta 50-850 hooked to my Dewalt 735 and have absolutely no problems. Like the previous poster I have tried with and without and there is no difference.