Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving a 900 x 600 laser engraver

We had to do the same and it took a simple toss in the dumpster, My drinking glasses at home are harder to break lol (Easily double the thickness) - Picture below to show the glass thickness. Im just saying its quick and easy to save yourself a head ache but we all have our own way of doing things. - Side Note : Company told me to destroy broken tube, so i throw it in the dumpster. Than the next day they wanted a picture had to dumpster dive.

Camfive.jpg
    Last edited by Robert Bonenfant; 07-11-2017 at 9:46 PM.
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Thanks for all the advice. Due to several factors, (including approaching bad weather) I decided to leave it in the case. It was completely enclosed, secure, and the roads were smooth. I strapped the machine in the trailer 4 ways and lowered the air pressure a bit in the tires for a smoother ride. Also I was going to be the one moving it and we had a fork lift available at the destination. The trip went smoothly, machine removal was without any drops or shocks to the machine. It worked out fine. I was willing to remove it, but didn't want to get caught in the bad weather on the roads that day, so leaving the tube in position saved the time I needed. It lives to engrave another day....