Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This site may not be secure

This site may not be secure

That's the message I'm getting from Firefox. It keeps logging me off and making me re-enter my UserId and Password. This has a never happened before in all the years I have been signed in. In fact, I never sign out. Is there a site problem??

None that I know of. Everything's normal on my end.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

People still use Firefox?

Just happened again.

WarningMessage.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    YES! Keep it updated.

Blog Entries
    Yes, some sites will only allow so many free visits a month. With some limited paywalls this seems to be related to the browser's cookies. Having more browsers makes for more free visits.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    YES! Keep it updated.
    Mine is always updated. Automatic updates are turned on. Its saying I should try an https:// server. Does SMC have one?

Here is what Mozilla is saying / recommneding:
    WarningMessage2.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Yes, some sites will only allow so many free visits a month. With some limited paywalls this seems to be related to the browser's cookies. Having more browsers makes for more free visits.

jtk
    I don't think I follow what you are driving at. I'm pretty sure that's not the problem here though, with Firefox

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Here is what Mozilla is saying / recommneding:
    WarningMessage2.PNG
    My version of Firefox is rather old so it doesn't have all the security features of a newer version. It didn't have this issue with logging in.

For sites like SMC where none of my "secure data" is being sent my password is different from any passwords used if it requires security. Hackers can just hack away. Hopefully they will not post anything offensive with my account.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Why wouldn't we use firefox? Its way better then IE

If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I'm using Firefox 54.0.1 (32-bit) with no problems on either on my computers.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I'm using Firefox 54.0.1 (32-bit) with no problems on either on my computers.
    Using same version on two computers and no problems here either. That is just a warning that was built in to Firefox so you are aware that your are not on a secure website, one where you may not want to enter CC info or other private personal info.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Using same version on two computers and no problems here either. That is just a warning that was built in to Firefox so you are aware that your are not on a secure website, one where you may not want to enter CC info or other private personal info.
    Its very annoying. I appreciate them telling me there might be a problem of course, but when they keep logging me off and then I need to re-login to see pictures, or reply, it gets to be a bit much. I might switch to Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Its very annoying. I appreciate them telling me there might be a problem of course, but when they keep logging me off and then I need to re-login to see pictures, or reply, it gets to be a bit much. I might switch to Chrome
    I get the message but it does not log me off.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.