Thread: Google Ads Here

Google Ads Here

There is a thread in another forum about how old you are. Seems that most are on the north side of 60. But google ads for young single dating site pops up regularly. Not just on my computer, but on others also. Talk about not checking your facts before figuring where to place an ad.

Blog Entries
    One of the things I have noticed is the ads are often a result of where someone has been looking.

My wife has been shopping for swimsuits. Now a lot of the ads on the various sites during my browsing have women's swimsuit ads.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    One of the things I have noticed is the ads are often a result of where someone has been looking.

My wife has been shopping for swimsuits. Now a lot of the ads on the various sites during my browsing have women's swimsuit ads.

jtk
    So..... are you saying Bruce has been looking at young single dating sites????

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Just spat coffee all over the monitor again! That was pretty darn funny Jim.

Maybe one of the kids has been using his computer.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    A good way not to see the ads is to become a contributor......
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    A good way not to see the ads is to become a contributor......
    The only ads I see are all woodworking related.
    Right now I see an ad for and interview with Norm Abrams via a link to Lee Valley.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Maybe one of the kids has been using his computer.

Mike
    Youngest of our kids is 44, and lives with his wife and four kids about forty miles away. Oldest is 55, so I don't think they have been using my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Youngest of our kids is 44, and lives with his wife and four kids about forty miles away. Oldest is 55, so I don't think they have been using my computer.
    I certainly did not mean my comment to be taken seriously, Bruce, and hope you didn't take it that way. That's why I put a smiley face on it. If you were offended, I apologize.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I certainly did not mean my comment to be taken seriously, Bruce, and hope you didn't take it that way. That's why I put a smiley face on it. If you were offended, I apologize.

Mike
    Mike, absolutely no offense taken. Just amazed that Google chooses to show young single dating site to a bunch of old pharts. We are like a dog chasing a bus, if he caught it, could he drive it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Mike, absolutely no offense taken. Just amazed that Google chooses to show young single dating site to a bunch of old pharts. We are like a dog chasing a bus, if he caught it, could he drive it?
    Well, I'd sure think he'd want to try.