Thread: dj 20 parts

dj 20 parts

I am trying to replace the locking handle on my dj 20 jointer as it no longer locks completely down because some of the plastic threads underneath the handle are gone. All of the repair places online such as ereplacements show this as discontinued and no longer available. Any one else run into this problem and if so, how did you get around it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Woody Dixon

I would look at the same part from a Grizzly G0490. It is a clone and the part might be an exact fit.

Measure the thread pitch and buy a generic replacement.
    Bill

I also have a DJ-20. I'm really sorry to hear this. What other parts are no longer available?

Update: I just reviewed the list of available parts for the DJ-20 on ereplacements.com It appears that few parts are still available for this machine. And none of the major parts

I guess I could have a new Hammer or Felder jointer in my future at some point.
    Last edited by John Piwaron; 07-11-2017 at 2:02 PM.

Hi Woody, funny you mentioned this today. I just ordered a replacement handle from Mcmaster -carr as well as some other pieces.Pretty well all of these handles and knobs can be replaced if you figure out the thread sizes . Grizzly part is a different thread size,smaller if I remember right. Good luck,Mike.

I ended up ordering the grizzly handle even though they refused to give me the dimensions of the bolt. The exploded parts diagram for the grizzly 0490 and dj20 looked identical. The part came in today and it actually fits. Thanks for everyone's help.