Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherry Panels for a new Refrigerator

Those look great. I dread the day that we have to replace our fridge and I have to try to match the finish on the rest of the kitchen cabinets.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    Those look great. I dread the day that we have to replace our fridge and I have to try to match the finish on the rest of the kitchen cabinets.

Steve
    Not just the finish, but the profiles. In our kitchen, I didn't have router bits with the same profile as the rest of the cabinets but the refrigerator more-or-less stands alone so I could use profiles that are close but not exactly the same. The rest of our kitchen is natural cherry so matching the finish (once the cherry darkens) was easy.

Mike

[I'll add this picture for John T. - I took this picture without a flash and I think it shows the amount of gloss better than the first picture I put in this thread. After I took this picture I rubbed the panels down with mineral oil and extremely fine steel wool to knock down the shine a bit. Also, to remove a few dust nubs that got into the finish.]

[Also, I think Jim Becker once commented that your wood selection has a major influence on the final product - and I'd very much agree with him. I was fortunate to be able to find this figured cherry at regular cherry prices.]

Refrigerator.jpgRefrigerator2.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 07-14-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

WOW stunning
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe