Thread: Curved top table

Curved top table

I'm considering designs for a custom hall table to go against a convex curved wall. Would like, though, to consider one day being in a different home that doesn't also have a curved wall. So, I'm thinking about a table that has a traditioinal rectangle base, with a top that is square in the front, and a custom curve in the back to match the wall.

I would allow enough hang over on the back curve to cut it straight, should we move.

Here's a very rough sketch. Seems like it would be fine. Is this just too weird, though?

Thoughts appreciated.

IMG_0622.jpg

Your design would work. But I would take a different approach ,a table designed to STAY in that spot. Instead of the demi lune ....the crescent moon. Flashy paint ,gilding , applied ornament, perhaps stretchers curved in two directions. Top of stone, Corian ,or marbleized paint.

That will work fine. You are just scribing the back to the wall. If you don't like the end result you still have a usable table anywhere. Cheers

If you ever decide to move it you may choose to, simply, turn it around so the straight side is against the wall and the crescent side is facing outward. If so, you might want to soften the sharp corners now.

You could use pass-through drawers which would still be functional in the reverse position.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Thanks all! Great ideas to ponder. Appreciate the input on my sanity check before drafting up the final design.