It's a risky business, what with the potential to contract tetanus and all, but someone's gotta do it. Anyway, since living in an area with good rust hunting prospects for the first time I've caught the bug and have been fortunate to add a few things to my tool collection that I've been looking for without luck for well over a year. And without further ado:

Attachment 364038
A nice old bowsaw frame. Wasn't looking for one, haven't ever needed one but this nice old fellow that I established a bit of a relationship with gave it to me for free on the condition that I make some use of it. Maker mark on it says "E.L. Donaldson" which I couldn't get any information on on the interwebnetz but it seems to be well-made except for that nasty twist in the cross-member piece or whatever you call it. Someday I'll try to gently bend it back with some steam. I have a friend who is experienced in bending/straightening wood with heat but he's out of town for a while.
Attachment 364039
Before cleaning up top, after cleaning below. I just used saddle soap (it's all I've got on hand right now) and a soft-bristled brush. It didn't get everything off but I don't have any 0000 steel wool or anything similar on hand right now. I just wanted to see what the grain would look like.

IMG_4250.jpg IMG_4256.jpg
Look at that sloppy saw work on the tenon shoulder! I've never done anything like that myself.

Next up, this James Swan 1/8"....mortise chisel? Sure looks like one to me but all the other Swan mortise chisels I've seen have had different socket construction/ferrules. I figured it could be some sort of turning chisel but I know nothing about those. For me it'll probably be a mortise chisel, if I ever find the need to cut a 1/8" mortise.
IMG_4233.jpgIMG_4235.jpg

This saw vise is marked "No. 3" but nothing else so I'm not sure who made it. Looks similar to a Stearns. The jaws don't close up perfectly but they're tight enough to function, and better than my previous saw vise, which was nonexistent.
IMG_4262.jpg

This box of handles and other...things...was given to me for free. I honestly don't have much use for anything in here but I figured I'd post it up here. If anyone sees anything they might be able to use I'd be more than happy to send it your way if you pay shipping. Otherwise, these will likely become file handles or something similar. The dovetail saw handle looks like it could have belonged to a decent saw, it has split nuts that are beat to hell though. A couple chisel handles could be useful if anyone knows what brand of chisel they went to. The two T-shaped thingies...I have no idea what either is.
IMG_4248.jpg

And now the two big, exciting finds!

IMG_4266.jpgIMG_4268.jpg
An Edward Carter wedge-arm plow plane with no rust! I've been looking for a decent plow plane for well over a year but they were all either in dismal shape or out of my price range. It's also kind of cool that the maker was in Troy, NY and that's where I got it. This plane probably never left the city. This one just needs a little cleaning up, a repair to one arm that has been screwed back together, and it will then hopefully be a good user for me. I've never used a wooden plow plane so I'm looking forward to the learning experience.